1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trans* dating problems?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by processingerror, Dec 13, 2014.

1. processingerror

Hey. I posted this yesterday but it didnt get seen, so i thought id post it again because i really could use some words of advise. Thanks for looking :slight_smile:

Hey. I talked to a guy i thought was absolutely brilliant yesterday, i really wanted to get to know him,maybe ask for his number. But i didnt, i just left quickly feeling aweful from a lot of grey feelings. It really made me worried about dating. The things that make me upset was:-

-i didnt know his sexuality, and im never comfortable to ask
    - even if his sexuality applied to males, i felt he probably wouldnt be happy or attracted to someone like me when my body doesnt match my inside
    - it was awful because of the way i look i couldnt feel confident. I felt completely like he wouldnt really 'see' me, but a girl trying to talk to him instead.
    - it makes me doubt if anyone would accept me for the way i am, i cant change in an instant, im no where near ready to come out.

Even when i dated someone trans* the insercurity that they wherent attracted to me still provailed. I also felt horrible because i felt like i wasnt 'man' enough, that i was playif a feminine role in the relationship and it made me feel ill with myself, whoever im with that feeling wont go away. I just want my body to match, its getting in the way of living happily, i know im young but i cant be with someone. What should i do?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say just relax and let your personality shine through.
    People should love you for who you are, not some body parts.

Many people, especially from the lgbt environment, have their focus on their partners personality.

It might take some time, but there are all kinds of partnerships out there.

I'd say just be yourself... relax a bit, show a bit of confidence, you're probably a nice person :slight_smile:

(*hug*)