1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Names!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mischief, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Been trying to think of a new name for myself and for my small friends group/family to call me by. My birth name is Jordyn, but I don't really like Jordan for a guy. My friends have suggested a few:
    Austin, Tyson, Isaac, Kai

But I feel as though none really suit me. UUUGHH! Any of you guys got suggestions? :help:

2. antibinary

3. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Hmmmm.. not sure if it really suits me

4. GreyArchery

I just gave this link to another person looking for a new name - Behind the Name: Meaning of Names, Baby Name Meanings. I like it because I can choose to look at names by meaning, country, literature/religion, or gender - including unisex. I use this site constantly when I do character creation/writing. Hopefully you'll find it of some use as well.

Wish you luck on finding your new name! (*hug*)

5. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Thanks so much! I shall have a look at it now. :3

6. ThePrideInside4

Well, I just took my name (Shaye) and replaced the Y with an N (Shane). I suggest making it a bit like your current name. My favorite male names have always been: Zayden, Landon, Skylar, Tyson, Brandon, and Stephen. Especially the first 3.

7. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I'm really liking Brandon or Austin.

8. Ashridge

Out Status:
    Some people
    Both Brandon and Austin would work for you based on appearance, but I think Brandon works better for some reason.

These are usually used as 'tests' for girl names, but they apply for all of them. They're called the lawyer/doctor and blind date tests, and they're exactly what they sound like. For example, would you go on a blind date with a girl named Bertha based only off of her name? How about a lawyer named Rylyn? And so and so forth.

A lot of people, including myself, use part of their birth name or alter it slightly. In my case, I took part of my full name as a nickname and found a more suitable name that I can use that nickname for. In your case, the -dan (or variations thereof) of your birth name could be used.

Also, it should fit with your surname and/or (changed) middle name (if you have one). Just say it all together and if it sounds good to you...well, that's basically it.

Ultimately, it's up to you. If you want a fairly unrealistic name such as Adonis, for example, if it works for you, go ahead. The only rule is that there are no rules, as they say.

Best of luck.

9. WyldStyle

Austin sounds like a cute name and I think it would work for you. Just my opinion :slight_smile:

10. Hexagon

I vote Brandon.

11. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Awesome, thanks so much guys! I'm going to present the two to my friends/family and think about it a little more. I've also had Alex suggested by one of my closest friends, but I'm not sure if it really suits me much.

Seriously can't decide which I like more, so I'll see if either of them suit my last name.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck, broski.

If you need more help, let us know. For me personally, I went with names of people who inspired me in one way or another (my name is an homage to an indie filmmaker I knew and an actor who got me through the worst of my depression). So if you're stumped, try there!

13. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    Names

I'd say if you like a name you don't have to set you apart by choosing a more rare one, like they write on the link :slight_smile:

14. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Thanks for the awesome ideas and links guys. I'll make an update soon when (if I ever decide) my full name is together! :3