1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally bought some makeup!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nekoko, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister and I had another outing, I showed her some of the tips I got here and we looked at some tutorials, we didn't end up having time to play around with anything but I got a pretty good selection of different stuff to try, especially in lipstick and nail polish! I'm super excited and nervous but I am totally ready for this!

I didn't really have much of a budget, cause finances are tight... >.< BUT! We went to the dollar tree, everything is a dollar, no joke, and they had an alright selection! I loaded up on several different things to try there!

So, I am gonna play around! Look back on the advice thread from months ago xD and watch some tutorials! Also if anyone has any good tutorial videos they could recommend that would be super helpful! :lol:

Wish me luck! I'll try to post some pictures in the "do I pass" thread. After I've had some practice! ^^

2. Chriswe

Hello there! I'm glad you could buy some make up even though your budget. :slight_smile:
    I don't really have any specific videos to share with you, but I do know some great beauty gurus on YouTube; Ingrid Nilsen, Zoella & Tanya Burr. Hope you'll find some of their videos useful! Good luck! ^-^

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dollar tree is ok for first makeup but you will eventually want to step it up. Also, tutorials are good and all, but you REALLY need to find someone who can teach you. A person beside you showing you how it's done is like 50x better.

But congrats on your first step.

4. JustJJx

Hope you have fun with it :grin: <3

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The step many people emphasized was trimming the eyebrows :slight_smile:.
    Maybe step by step... having a few glances at the result in between...

(*hug*)

6. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, absolutely, I'll buy some more serious stuff later, but this is basically my beginners kit!

My sister actually had some great tips for that... She's just not big on makeup so she didn't have much to contribute, but I may call on my other sister for help soon~