1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alive, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Alive

Gender dysphoria has been a bigger problem for me recently. Because of my depression, it makes it harder to me to handle. I get really suicidal after a few days to a week of bad dysphoria. I get it in regards to my body image or voice. Any tips on dealing with it because it is more than I can handle right now.
    thanks

2. Chriswe

I know, dysphoria sucks right? ._.
    Do you have a binder? That will definitely decrease some of the dysphoria. I have a homemade one that isn't the best, at all, but it's better than nothing on those really bad days. And about your voice, there are some YouTube videos out there that explain how to step by step lower you voice. It's a process, I'm sure, but in the long run I think it might be worth it. I've never tried it myself because I'm lucky and have a voice that can go really low if I want it to.

I hope it helped! And if you ever need to talk, feel free to message me on my wall. ^-^

3. Alive

Thanks. I don't have an actual binder but I have some pretty tight sports bras I use or layer clothing.

4. Chriswe

That's a good start! :slight_smile: