1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going insane?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Minnie, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Minnie

Does anyone ever get days when they feel like they just can't take their bodies any more and that they're going insane? How can I reduce it/come to terms with how I am right now? It's like screaming from the inside that you want to escape, that it's so wrong, but there is NOTHING you can do. And it's terrifying. What can I do?

2. anonym

anonym Guest

Yeah I get that, but not as much now that I'm transitioning socially. Honestly the only way I found to cope was with meds. Got an extra one to take on top of my usual combination of antidepressants/anti anxiety meds. So basically, I cope using drugs :dry: just legal prescribed ones.

3. Minnie

I'm already on antidepressants, have been for over a year.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Its a step by step process... so you eventually will get there.
    It just takes time.

I'd say concentrate on your goal, you will get there.
    Value the little steps in between...

There are a lot of people who have succeeded in this, you will make it, too.

(*hug*)

5. Sam I Am

Also check out mindfulness meditation, or therapies that include mindfulness. It teaches, among other things, how to tolerate things you don't like without having to agree with them or be okay with them. In therapy, it's used to teach people to tolerate extreme emotions, but I've found it's really useful for my own dysphoria as well.

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

when nothing else seemed to be working for me, the meds, the talk therapy, the groups, all leaving me with the same dead flat sad feelings, I took someone's advice, certain that it would not work. He told me to do something for somebody else. He told me that even if I started by taking a cart back in as I walked from my car to the big box store that I would be helping someone. I found an opportunity to work one morning a month at a shelter, spooning out the syrup onto the pancakes for the folks who didn't even have a place to live. It wasn't about feeling better than someone, or just feeling that, "gosh, I don't have it that bad." Instead, it made me feel connected to the rest of humanity, it made me realize instead that we are all here together it got me out of my head for just enough each time I did it, that it pulled me back from the brink, and I wanted to do more of it. Just a suggestion... (&&&)

7. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

All the time. I HATE menstral cycles, it makes me feel and reminds me of being female. I HATE this body. I just want to pee standing up and yes, jerk off. The torture never ends. I just try to not think about my situation too much. If you stay in the present, it helps to ease the pain a bit. I try and not think about the future or my past because it sucks.

8. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah I feel this way sometimes too :frowning2:

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get like that a lot, but I find that music and video games can distract me a little bit. What are some of your hobbies and interests? Maybe channeling your feelings through thre can help. One thing that might help is making a calming jar. There are videos on Youtube on how to make them, and they can help reduce anxiety. Maybe they can help you relax.

10. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ... THIS...
    I dream with the day you can put the damned extra pocket for sale and get the real thing. And the idea of having someone jerking you off is mindblowing...

Yeah, it feels at times as if you are going insane. I'm not on meds, but when it's too much and I have the chance -weekends, free days... I have a few screwdrivers, listen to some music or read Playboy... If all fails, I just go outside with my bike or write.
    Alcohol is always somehow on my first aid kit. Sometimes I just can't stand it without a few drinks. I'd rather get drunk than play with meds.

11. Calix

Very much so understand this :frowning2: I can distract myself with work during the weekdays and then game in the evenings. Weekends are harder. I try to write but can be blocked easily. Then it's games or tv shows.

12. Minnie

Hobbies... hm, video gaming, photography, art? Not sure, I don't have the biggest passion for things, mood's pretty crap just now. I'm trying to get back into reading though.

13. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To piggyback, I've always found that having a creative outlet helps. I write music as a means of channelling strong emotions. I used to write a lot of poetry as well. It not only shifts your focus from your dysphoria (or other emotions) to what you're creating but to me it also feels like I'm taking everything internal and putting it somewhere external, in a relieving way.

14. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's an annoyance, but my dysphoria is only gets bad rarely, maybe a fourth of the amount you guys get. I think having small breasts really keeps my dysphoria at a mild level, thankfully. If my chest poked out of my shirt so much that boobs were noticeable, I'd be so much more unhappy.

15. I'm_Danni_x

Yes, my dysphoria is so much like yours, thankfully I have small breasts but I just hope they don't grow anybigger.

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2014 at 08:06 AM ----------

I also feel like that and the fact that I can severe bottom dysphoria it drives me crazy, it's as if I've been mentally tortured it pains so much. I've found that using binders (although my breasts are small I feel much better with them flat), oh yeah and packers/ stp devices would help so much if you're having bottom dyshoria. Also, if you have long hair cut it short and wear male clothes. That really helps reduce my dysphoria.
    If that doesn't help and the dysphoria is still there, I'd recommend you to see a gender therapist, good luck :thumbsup:

16. Minnie

Already had gender therapy but it might be time to go back. My hair is shortish, it's not like a buzz cut but at its furthest it's at my jaw. I pretty much always wear male clothes but I can look in the mirror and just hate what I see. I don't look male. There's just this fat, weird looking person in the mirror.

17. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

I have a mild anxiety disorder, so I sometimes feel like I'm going insane, but it helps to remind yourself that if you were really losing your mind you wouldn't know it. Try teaching yourself to let go of negative thoughts, once your realize that such thoughts are of no use to you it's easy to discard them.

18. Wildside

Wildside Guest

that was my experience with major depression. as I sunk more deeply into it, I just didn't see other options that some pretty fatalistic ones. but I thought that was reality, and didn't realize that there was something wrong with my brain chemistry (what you may more colloquially call "going insane." so I agree, if you're still have the perspective to ask the question, that's a good sign. and it is a good time to get some help. we don't need to wait until we're "insane" to get a mental health tune up.

19. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Trust that this will change over time...
    don't look too much at the mirror...

you could try to get in shape a bit, it also helps with feeling better...
    a few exercises every day, a few situps or a walk...
    eating healthy and maybe a bit more vegetarian, and fruits...
    cutting on sugar in drinks...

cook some food yourself, its fun...
    Cooking

photography is a nice hobby, photographing plants or birds...

(*hug*)

20. Wildside

Wildside Guest

yeah, and not just because sugar in drinks, in processed foods, and of course in candy puts on the weight (I'm a living example of that!); but also, I sincerely believe, that processed sugar has a significant effect on brain activity, and affects our moods in a negative way. if there was one dietary thing I would suggest to anyone, it's to avoid sugar. and in drinks, like jay says, it is particularly bad. even in bottled "fruit" drinks. :thumbsup: