1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never felt so bad...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AidenHardy, Dec 18, 2014.

1. AidenHardy

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have major dysphoria at the minute and my girlfriend panicking trying to make everything better but she cant stop how i'm feeling. I NEED to come out and express myself but i cant do it. My parents dont come across as very accepting of stuff like this on TV nevermind in their actual lives. I dont know what to do, if theres someone a similar age (18) please say hi, would be good to find another person thats going through the same thing. Ive basically come to the conclusion im trans. This is too much for my genderlessness that i used to experience

2. PossumJack

Hello Aiden! I'm currently going through a very similar experience as I'm slowly accepting myself as transmasculine when I previously identified as gender neutral. My parent isn't very supportive of the LGBT community either so I understand how hard it is to be stuck in the closet and you can talk to me whenever you need to vent (*hug*)

If your parents are transphobic, I would suggest that you try your best to "tough it out" and wait until you're in college or have a place to stay. I know it's hard, but your safety and well-being should come first! If you're already in college or living outside of home, then that depends entirely on your own volition, I suppose. They no longer have control over your personal life so you are free to show them your true self, but I can also understand the fear of being socially rejected by the people who raised you up.

I'm personally planning to come out to my mother the moment I step into my college dormitory. IMO, if your parents truly love you, then they will accept you no matter what gender you are. It might take them a lot of time and denial and even anger, but hopefully they will come around.

Whatever course of action you decide to take, best of of luck to you and I hope you feel better soon! (&&&)

3. Minnie

Hi :slight_smile: I'm 19 and feeling ftm. While my parents aren't against transgenderism, they've not been the easiest parents in the world about this.

4. AidenHardy

Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah i have a few months left until uni, i've always planned to leave it til then, its a long way away though...

5. PossumJack

Hmm, have you tried coming out a bit in school? The way I see it, you're probably not going to see any of those people again the moment you graduate. I've started to use my preferred name and pronouns inside of school and it feels great to start to socially transition. Of course, I'm also lucky enough to be living in a very liberal area...

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  7. AidenHardy

Out Status:
    Some people

hmm i guess, I've come out to someone tonight and she's gonna use my preferred name, see how it feels before everyone knows. yay for progress :3

8. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    I'm not trans and I'm a bit older than yourself, but just wanted to say, that you are on an amazing journey of self-discovery, and that such journeys can be very challenging sometimes - gosh, they can be sometimes exhilarating, sometimes gut-wrenchingly painful - but to my mind, the greatest adventure of all is the adventure of the self, the adventure of identity, and you have the courage to undertake it. There are sure to be storms and waves but you will survive them.
    Andy. (*hug*)

9. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

At least you have a girlfriend.

10. AidenHardy

Out Status:
    Some people
    not quite sure what you mean by that, i might be reading it wrong :S

11. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. I'm 18, and I'm in a similar situation. I've been identifying as genderfluid for a while but I think I might be a transguy. My mom's fairly liberal, but I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable coming out to her at this point, so it can be really rough not being able to present male or be treated as one when I'm home.

I'm already at uni though, and it's so much better. The next few months are gonna feel really long, but if you can be out at uni, it is the most amazing feeling, and it is worth the wait.

Coming out to accepting friends is definitely a good idea. Having people use your name and pronouns is a great feeling, and having one or two people do it is definitely better than having none.

I can relate to what you're going through so if you ever need to vent, you can totally talk to me.

12. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Probably. But just nevermind:icon_redf. I forgot that sometimes people need further explainations when I say things, because I have a tendency to think or say things outloud. In short, just disreaguard my comment, lol.

13. AidenHardy

Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks for the support guys :slight_smile: already feeling better about my situation :3