1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accurate methods for measuring height at home?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Dec 18, 2014.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. I'm wondering if there are any accurate methods for measuring your height while at home. I've tried tape measurers and trying to draw a line where my head ends, none of it has been accurate. I know I have grown quite a bit but, my exact height is a mystery for me. I used to get my height measured when seeing doctors but, I haven't seen one in a long time and I don't plan to any time soon. The only method I have at my disposal, is to memorize my body's distance from objects and then use that information the next day.

Thanks.

2. Manta

Try taking a photograph of yourself and a ruler/meter stick. Use the ruler/meter stick as the point of reference within the photograph to get your height.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Go to a doorframe, heels at the wall. Take a book, place it with the small side on the doorframe and move it downwards until it touches your head. Use something that can be wiped off easily to mark the spot where the book stands. Measure to the floor.

You are supposed to be bigger in the morning and smaller in the evening due to backbone etc shrinking a bit with weight during the day. Should be one to a few cm.

(*hug*)

4. shinji

shinji Guest

That would not account for lens distortion and is therefore highly inaccurate.

Easiest way to do it is as stated above, to use a door frame or a wall and just mark off the top of your head and measure the height with a ruler. If you have a straight angle triangle, it does help eliminate any possible errors in making the mark on the wall/door frame.