1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and unsure about gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by tackytictac, Dec 18, 2014.

1. tackytictac

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ive uh never used this kind of thing before eheheh :icon_redf
    But, just as the title says, im confused on my gender.

So, biologically, i'm female. I dont feel female though. I don't want to be female.
    And this is where it gets wierd.
    I cant say im transgender because i dont find intrest in being male ethier. I'm kind of just always there as the girl in school that people look at and question. I even bind my chest and wear bagging gender-fluid clothing. im assuming im agender?
    But if I wanted to choose between male and female I would definitly choose to be male. But if I'm transgender what would my family think? My dad would accept me but with my mother theres no say. And my grandmother would just be a disaster with that subject.
    i dont even know if theres other people who feel like this.

I just seem to have a lack of identity in my life and i'm really just looking for insight...?

2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Some people have a non binary identity, but choose a specific binary presentation because it's easier and/or they're happier being seen as male/female if they're going to be gendered. So that might be what's going on for you.

Also, if your actual gender isn't gender you got called at birth, you can use transgender if you want to.

You're definitely not alone.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If if were you I would ask myself why. Are you afraid of asking yourself this question?

You love them are therefore are worried about their reaction, but at the end this is about your life. To avoid expressing yourself as you really are is only going to cause you, and the ones around you, a lot of pain.

I don't think so. Most of people know exactly who they are. The problem is when you are so afraid of rejection that you start to repress yourself, or even lie to others. Your thoughts need a way out, and your questions need answers. Doubts about gender must be taken care of, the sooner the better. You are not alone (*hug*)