1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you tend to get misgendered by a specific group of people only?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FightingShadows, Dec 20, 2014.

1. FightingShadows

So, I've noticed for a while that I typically pass quite well to other men. It's not very often I get misgendered by them. But when it comes to women, I don't know what it is, but I can almost NEVER pass to women. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I often get misgendered by Americans, not so much by Japanese people.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really, it's a mixed bag. Some days I pass flawlessly to the older crowd and my age group, and other times I don't.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Usually hipsters for some reason. Because I don't have a beard? My problem was, I lived in the butch lesbian capital of my fucking state and I literally only knew like half a dozen trans guys in my whole time living in this town- so most people in my city had no idea what a trans guy was but knew a bunch of uber masculine lesbians. And women in general. I dunno what it was. I actually passed really really really well down in California for some weird reason.

5. Theboythat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I pass really well to small children and 16-20 year-olds but not to people my age.

6. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The hard part is that I don't really know. I'm always misgendered by family and the occasional stranger. However, with everyone else that has never used a pronoun with me, I have know idea what gender they think I am. Perhaps, they truly can't tell what I am?