1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a day... (Warning: little long)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 2Bornot2B, Dec 21, 2014.

1. 2Bornot2B

Today I went to a football game with some of my extended family. We tailgated before the game and I was impressed by their TV they had hooked to an antennae. So I decided to put it on my Snapchat story.

I got a snapchat from my cousin later on but I had pathetic service in the stadium so it wouldn't load. I soon forgot about it as I watched the game, and especially after I had the experience that made my day.

I was sitting next to my aunt and a guy a few seats down gets up to get another drink (I assume). When he got to us he said, "Excuse me ladies--err--sir, ma'am." My aunt didn't catch it, but I sure as hell did. I wasn't facing him, being focused on the game, and I have been starting to grow my hair out. Not to mention I recently got some women's boots that aren't blatantly obvious, but enough to make me feel better. He may have corrected himself quickly, but for just the briefest moment, he thought I was a girl. My heart is doing somersaults thinking about it:eek:.

Now about that snapchat...After the game I was finally able to look at it, and she had asked me, "Why are you wearing women's boots?":icon_eek:

My first coherent thought, "f:***:"

Second thought, "sh:***:"

Third, "How'd she know?"

Then I remembered that snap I put on my story with the TV. I was sitting in a chair that had a leg rest, so my boots were in the photo. I had--no scratch that-- I HAVE no idea how to respond to that and I still haven't answered. I'm stuck between trying to get around it with some lame excuse of "No these are men's shoes, they just look like it." to just outright saying they are women's shoes.

Both options in my mind have the inevitable coming out, and i'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. In the back of my mind I was like, "Well, the universe decided to throw me a bone, then snatch it right back up and laugh. Stupid karma."

Any advice would be much appreciated and thanks for reading!

2. WyldStyle

Here's some replies to their message that I would use if I was in your shoes, I hope they inspire something out of you.

"Because they're comfortable."
    "Because I want to."
    "They're not women's boots, they're mine."
    "Because reasons"

and lastly

"Because I'm expressing my gender identity and this is just how I do it."

3. 2Bornot2B

Thanks for the suggestions! However this plays out I will post it here. I think she would be accepting if I do end up coming out. Fingers crossed!

4. WyldStyle

You can do it!!!