1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluid trans-man?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KaydenWidz, Dec 21, 2014.

1. KaydenWidz

Hey guys, so Im kayden, Non-op trans man
    However, sometimes I like wearing girlythings. I dont Identify as a girl at all. But...What is up with me? I feel like a man, i am a man, Im just a bit...girly? the confusion is driving me insane. So...Let me give u guys a run down of how I feel, and U can tell me your opinion. Obviously it is my decision, but still. I want the opinions.

- I want to be refered to as a man (he, him, his)
    - I some day want to have children.
    - I am dating a straight, cis-gendered male who i would fake being a girl to keep if I had to (11 year relationship)
    - I enjoy cosplaying both woman and men.
    - I sometimes like wearing a dress.
    - I love wearing suits and manly clothing.
    - I do not HATE my body, i just dont think its right.
    - ok i do hate parts of my body but not my genitals.
    - I actually have a nice rack and think it would be ashame to get rid of it.
    - yet sometimes, want my boobs gone. mostly for cosplay.

So...Ive been saying I am a transman, with a fluid expression....does that make since?

2. Orange Bananas

It most certainly does. Many transmen aren't perfectly masculine. Ask yourself this: Why is it okay for a cis guy to be somewhat feminine but not a trans guy? Also, remember that cosplay is putting on a different role. It doesn't in any way reflect your gender identity.

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't identify as a girl, but that doesn't stop me from wearing dresses and flower crowns if I feel like it. In fact, I feel like after I transition to male, I'll probably cross-dress more frequently, since my body will finally feel more right. I serve tea in proper tea pots and have floral wallpaper in my bedroom, and I am definitely, 100% positive that I am not a girl.

I believe that we decide which things have gender. I see everything as more or less gender neutral, and don't see anything as making me less of a guy.

If you're really unsure, consider some questions. For example, if you had the choice, would you rather never have your trans feelings and be happy in the body you currently have, or would you rather you were born in a male body? When you dream, do you perceive yourself as male or female? Could you see yourself growing old as a man or as a woman, if either?

Lastly, remember that there's no one correct way to be trans. There's pre-op, post-op, and non-op trans people, people that transition and end up de-transitioning, people that transition to male only to be comfortable being feminine and people that transition to female only to be comfortable being masculine, and people that are neither male nor female that may choose to transition or not to. Just like there's no one way to be trans, there's no one way to be cis - there's a lot of cis people that don't fit into their roles, and don't want to. Just do what's comfortable and right for you.