1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many times...?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FightingShadows, Dec 22, 2014.

1. FightingShadows

To the trans guys/girls, out of curiosity, how many times have you changed your name before settling for one you felt was right?
    I've been going by Alex ever since I came out but wanting to be rid of the misconstrued gender neutrality of it, I'm seriously considering Nathan instead. Have you done something similar?

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I've changed my name three times until I ended up as Aki. So yes! Haha

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've juggled possible names, but never quite settled on one. I'd say, as many times as you like or want, really, because it is your name. Or will be.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Just once. I was pretty attached to this name from the beginning though.

5. WyldStyle

I'm on my second name :slight_smile: I'm sure it'll change again sometime in the future, but who knows?

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I only changed my name once. I was lucky, I found a name that worked for me and other thought fit me really well.

7. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Well, I picked one, but I'm starting to dislike it, so I might go with something else... Jay, Niket/Nikhil ("Nick"), and Rohit are all monikers I'm considering :grin:

I really like Nathan. It's a great name - short for Nathaniel, if you wanna get all colonial-New-England?

8. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I didn't settle on a name for a very long time. I spent most of the time finding names that felt intrinsically right, made sense with my birthname/personality and plus, I didn't want to change my mind later on. So, I'm lucky I guess that I've only changed it once.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Eh, I briefly considered Brian but once I settled on my name, I was pretty happy with it.

10. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Max was the first name I changed to and I've gone by it since. There's always the possibility I'll still have a change of mindset in the future, but the past couple years I've really liked it and have had no doubts about it. It's completely different from my birth name, but as soon as I thought of it I knew it fit me and it just felt like the right one.