1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generalizing Hormonal Imbalances Questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by darkprincess, Dec 23, 2014.

1. darkprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was browsing numerous forums and noticed many people had similar questions regarding some form of hormonal imbalance and often the doubt that arises because of this. From what I have found is:

•That transmales often gain doubtful around the time of their period.

•As for transfemales they may feel doubtful after sexual encounter and masturbation.

•Another that effects all Trans is that if the experience any form of sexual arousal from crossdressing does that mean they are just crossdressers or a fetish of theirs or could they still be transsexuals?

To follow these general three questions up which hormonal moment should they trust?

And is this common occurance for transgender people?

Hope this is helpful to everyone experiencing these issues also if there are any other broad hormonal questions add it in the comments :slight_smile: if you can answer any of the questions from your own experiences that would be great.

#1 darkprincess, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    To answer the second two:

- Yeah, I definitely get this. It makes sense, it's that rush of testosterone that males get after masturbation. Quite often after orgasm I'll feel "more male", and if I happen to be wearing girl's clothes (not fetishisticly, see below), I'll feel suddenly uncomfortable in them, which also tends to bring on feelings of shame. However all this usually subsides in a couple of minutes, when the T fades, and I then I'm more comfortable as a girl again.

- I mistook my crossdressing for a fetish for a long time. Particularly as a teenager, when in the brief, rare occasions I'd have for it, I'd get that rush of excitement and happiness which when combined with general teenage "I want to bone everything" hormones, was easy to mistake for sexual excitement. However as I grew older and had more freedom for crossdressing, more and more often I would do it and then go about my daily life regularly - making food, watching TV, etc - i.e. it wasn't for sexual purposes, but general comfort and happiness. (As a related side-note, I will mention the moment I realised I was trans. I was just sitting watching The Office in girlmode, then had to change into boymode so I could go to the kitchen for food. I felt incredibly anxious and unhappy like that, and when I got back to my room, despite being starving, I couldn't eat until I changed back into girlmode, wig and all. That's when it hit me - "holy shit, this isn't a weird kink of mine, I just want to be like this all the time.")

3. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    The weird thing is that around my period I feel like I feel more gender dysphoria. I don't know if it's the increase in testosterone or the fact I have always felt disgusted about having periods.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

What's weird for me is that I actually feel pretty normal during shark week- except for having to actually confront some of the symptoms. What would get me really dysphoric is dealing with the cramping and the mess. But if I take medication and use something that hides the blood (like menstrual cups) then you'd never know. It's a weird feeling when you have to deal with shark week in a men's bathroom.

But this was all after I got on a regular medication. In fact, I actually did used to feel pretty doubtful right before and during shark week. But once I began the medication, it made a huge difference.