1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding it hard to stay stealth?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dipperydoo, Dec 23, 2014.

1. dipperydoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a trans guy and I'm currently stealth around most of my friends. One of them ended up discovering some pics of little me at my house when I had long hair and wore feminine clothing. I brushed it off but I'm not sure how to explain it to him without admitting I'm trans. How do I explain away my feminine hair and clothes while still coming off as cisgender?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I've never personally been stealth. But maybe you could pass it off as being a phase you went through as a kid? Lots of young boys, especially nowadays, enjoyed feminine clothing and toys as a child. Pretend your parents were very liberal?

But the time may come when you can't necessarily stay stealth around everyone, so you're gonna want to be prepared to say something if someone manages to figure it out. And if a friend doesn't accept you? They weren't your friend anyway.

3. stormborn

honestly, the best thing to do is just explain that you're trans. i've been there, and i haven't been able to brush it off with anything else. usually i just go "oh yeah it's because i'm trans ANYWAYS" and just move on really fast.