1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

books/resources?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by stormborn, Dec 23, 2014.

1. stormborn

i need a book that explains the whole ~trans~ thing to give my grandma when we tell her that i'm trans. i don't know if she has even heard the word "transgender" before, so something basic would be good. anyone know of any? i'll likely send some resources/pamphlets along too.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. AsheTheHuman

Try this. It's a pay-what-you-want (or don't at all) PDF download, or for $30, there's an actual physical hardback book you can get if that's what you are looking for. This is kind of a crash course for all things gender. It's really easy to digest, so don't worry too much. If you want, you could always get the PDF, print out only the pages that apply to you, and then maybe talk about it with your grandma.
    the book - thegenderbook

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PFlag has pamphlets if that helps.

The Transgender Child is a handbook for families and professionals and Be Who You Are is something I think someone I was seeing for therapy told be about. It's a kid's book ages 9-12, but I'm sure it can be helpful.