1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Issues

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PinkieKeen, Dec 24, 2014.

1. PinkieKeen

This is a thread im starting for people to talk about any probelms they might be having with being trans or even for people just starting out.
    for instance, im a MtF trans. or trying to be.. being broke doesnt make things easier. no longer have any wigs and cant afford a new good one, and my hair is thinning so i cant even use my real hair for my transness.. and its incredibly unfortunate.. i cant go one day without feeling uncomfortable around others or even around myself.. and! i have a question. for anyone that can answer it. how would i go about trying to get on hormone replacement? its the next step i want to take.. also seeing as theres no way in hell i could afford surgery. at least not yet

2. Minnie

Hope this thread kicks off. RE your question, I think you first need to speak to your doctor to get a referral, or you can contact a gender counselling centre directly. Not really sure how the medical system works where you are.

3. silentscorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the US is you must see a counselor specializing with trans patients and they will write a letter saying you can be put on hormones and give you a referral to a doctor.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian