1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My moms not understanding

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Clancularius, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I haven't come out yet, but I've been telling my mom most of my feelings now instead of attempting to hide them. But she's not understanding, she thinks I'm joking and maybe a little uncomfortable about my sexuality. But that's it, I've in a way directly told her that I hate my male parts and wished they didn't exist. I'm hoping that I can get her to try to get me a appointment with a gender therapist so that maybe I can get put on HRT.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Once you mention "transgender," she'll probably get serious. That's how mine was, anyways. I'm not sure how you will be able to get a gender therapist without her suspectig you're trans, or you coming out. If there were a way for me to do that, I would have in an instant. Good luck!

3. Jellal

I'm so shit at breaking the ice with my gender. I've only told them that I haven't been totally honest about stuff, and they haven't bothered prying. I take that as a good sign, since it likely means they're ready to let me take my time before I can be absolutely honest with them.

4. flatlander48

I am a parent, but my kids are 39 and 34. However, I can't honestly say how I would have reacted to this kind of situation 25-30 years ago. I knew just a small fraction of what I know now regarding sexuality and gender identity. Clearly the situation has a fair amount of complication built in. Couple that with our traditional binary ways of looking at things and it becomes a not so good intersection very quickly.

Anyway, Good Luck!

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents know but remain willfully oblivious. I'm here for Christmas. But I cannot live a lie like this. Sick of it. I'm not seen for me.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe showing your mom some pamphlets or trans documentaries can help bring up a conversation. Barbra Walters did a 20/20 documentary on young trans people and the National Geographic's series Taboo did an episode on the gender spectrum.