1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non binary and dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by I'm_Danni_x, Dec 25, 2014.

1. I'm_Danni_x

Those of you who are still in the closet as non binary (genderqueer, genderfluid, andro etc) and are under 16 (living under parents rules). How do you deal with the dysphoria when you identify as different genders other than your birth sex? Are you open to your parents and do they understand and support?

2. Chriswe

Nah, I do have a homemade binder that I use a lot and my parents can clearly see I'm using something to flatten my chest but they haven't mentioned it. Yet. The clothes I'm wearing doesn't really seem to be a problem either. The name I asked to be called, no response yet but we'll see.

When I get that kind of dysphoria that makes me feel tired, sad and gives me a headache, I just tell them I feel sick. And well, I do get sick for real a lot so they must think there's something wrong with me because I'm like "sick" 24/7.

I want to be open with them, but first of all: They make EVERYTHING awkward. Their superpower I guess. And they wouldn't understand, believe or support me. But oh well, it could be a lot worse.

3. Frostbite

When it comes to binding there really isn't a perfect solution but I've found that a good sports bra helps if you're a C cup or below. That's how I'm getting by at the moment. My parents just think I wear the sports bras because they're more comfortable, so it's not so weird to them. It's tough, but I, like many others out there, am surviving.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one but me knows I'm demi. I think a lot of people wouldn't take it seriously if I were to tell them, so I just don't. I might casually mention it to some friends eventually, but I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to make a big deal out of it. And I guess it's not that important for me to be out about it either, since I don't experience major dysphoria or anything like that.

I think most people I know barely consider me a girl anyway, lol.