1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs of transcendence

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by cory212, Dec 28, 2014.

1. cory212

Hi ! I apologise in advance for my bad english, it's not my native language . :eusa_doh:

I'm 21 years old , I was born male but I identify myself as trans and I do not wish to proceed in any kind of surgery or take hormones , at least for now . ^_^

Looking back in time , I remember doing certain things that I see now as very simple , primal signs of me trying to get in touch with my feminine side , or let's say approach the notion of what I consider to be femimine.

So at a very young age I remember not being fond of make up , or girls/women's clothes but I would rather use things in my surroundings to express my femininity. For example, I would do these silly things like.. I would wear paper clips or clothes pegs as nails , I'd wrap my body around curtains and sheets thinking of them as long gowns or whenever I passed through a fringe curtain in my house I would play with it / flick it away pretending it's my long hair.. :icon_redf Those are few of the things I remember doing as a child.

Now my question to you guys is did anyone else experience anything similar at a certain point in their lives, trying to express their trans identity ? Does anyone else remember using (intentionally or unintentionally) gender neutral objects to momentarily be in sync with their trans state of mind ..?

I 'd like to listen to any similar experiences you might have had and hear examples of any 'unconventional' things you did in order to express yourselves.. :icon_mrgr

2. AnnoNemus

Actually, those sound like things I did as a child. I also usually identified more with female characters than with the male characters in TV shows, and preferred playing with female students during recess to playing with the male students. Oddly enough, I'm not trans.

3. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds similar, especially the part about the clothes pegs! Like you I wasn't really interested in makeup or anything when I was younger (what the hell was wrong with me lol that stuff is awesome!). Another one I did was using the towel after I showered and made it into a sort of dress (still do that one sometimes haha).

Btw your English is pretty good! Just one thing though is you don't need to put a space before your commas. :slight_smile:

4. cory212

Thank you for replying and yes good advice about the commas ..! @ MsEmmzy .

It's nice to know that people have had similar experiences .. ^_^