1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender-fluid... but slower sort of?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by newfish, Dec 29, 2014.

1. newfish

So I have been pretty sure that I'm a cis male. But for the last maybe year I've been thinking how nice it would be to be able to just switch. And one thing which I really like as a concept is to live as one gender for a while and then the other (thinking within the binary for the moment) for another period of time. It's not that I get dysphoric, I just wish that I could be female for a few months or something, but not forever.
    So I wondered if anyone else has done this or been drawn to the idea.

2. WyldStyle

I feel the same way. It's like, you want to keep your current life, but you also want the second identity of the opposite gender. My desires to be each gender also seem to come and go in waves. That's pretty much the criteria that I used to determine that I was genderfluid.

Also, as a genderfluid I personally don't get dysphoric over my body, because I like being both genders and I'm fine being one or the other. Though I'll admit I do occasionally feel a bit of anxiety when I've been on my natural gender for too long without getting in touch the other side of the binary.