1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling down? Try talking to someone.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MsEmmzy, Dec 30, 2014.

1. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never realised how much this can help! I've been sitting here in front of my computer depressed as all hell for pretty much the whole day. Now, I am out to a couple friends, but we don't talk about it much and it's really just an inkling thought at the back of our minds when interacting.

I decided to message one of them and wow, my mood was instantly lifted within a matter of minutes! That old phrase about "weight off your shoulders" is real and it really does work.

I know you all probably know this and I'm just some crazy trans* girl whose ranting, but honestly I feel great right now. :slight_smile:

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not crazy at all. Talking about our thoughts and feelings doesn't always change or solve things, like some magic trick, but it beats the hell out of locking it up inside until the volcano erupts. Sometimes we just need to let it out and hear (or see) the words flow to gain a different perspective. Sharing our feelings can be very cathartic.