1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty sure my gender identity is holding my dating life hostage T_T

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by I am Kakashi, Dec 30, 2014.

1. I am Kakashi

So I have been single ~14 months, but have had a number of FWBs, lovers, one nighters, and general hook-ups this year (although none for about 6 months).

What else happened 6 months ago? I came out online as genderfluid on my dating profiles, and actually changed my markers on OKC about 2 months ago.

Before I came out, I was getting requests, dates, and 'sleepovers' as I called them, multiple times a week. And had some sort of meet up either as initial meet up or physical hook up at least once a week.

I definitely noticed a huge drop in interest when I added genderfluid to my profile, but at the time I had 2 regulars I was sleeping with casually, so it didn't bother me that much. When those 2 things ran dry (due to other things) I just figured someone else would come along. There was the occasional interest, but nothing worked out. I took a break for over 2 months, figuring my fishing hole had ran dry, so to speak.

When I re-opened my OKC account is when I saw I could change my genders and orientation (was bi, now pansexual), so I did. Since then, I have gotten maybe 5 first messages, 3 of them were nowhere near my area/ appropriate age range, and the other 2 I talked to and it just kinda dwindled and we never met up. At first I figured it was because I took casual sex off what I was looking for, and just want a relationship.

So a little over a week ago I joined ############, which is much more geared toward relationships and rarely used for hook ups. The anti-Tnd3r. lol Anyway, so far I have had one person message me back (after at least 15 sent), and no first messages. That one person is currently in a homeless shelter with no car, so yeah. : /

I was so SO happy to be able to really express myself openly, and was hoping to attract other bi/pan/gf/gq/andro etc people. I definitely prefer non-binary people over straight men and lesbians. But now, I feel like going back in the closet and just putting bisexual female on all my profiles until I start seeing someone, and mention/ explain the situation on like 2nd or 3rd date? Or even later? Is that lying? : /

Or, I'm also aware that I may have been subconsciously acting different since I came out. I do feel like I cut straight to the point, and if I'm not interested in someone, I tell them pretty quickly or don't reply at all, instead of at least chatting them up for a bit. This could either be because I am trying to be seen as more manly and/or I am so lonely/ thirsty that I feel it is more efficient to weed people out more harshly than I did before.

Anyone have any advice or stories about coming out or transitioning while actively looking for a romantic partner? I'm so stuck. :bang:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say its a combination...

and I'd not consider it lying...

I'd say try to relax and just make a few changes... and remain positive... just keep on keeping on :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

3. suninthesky

Fellow OKCer! I just wanted to pop in and and say I feel your pain. I've been single for, uh, 21 years now. I think being trans had held me from being in a relationship because I'm afraid that someone won't treat me how I see myself. Even if people are familiar with trans-people they might not be really familiar with people that are genderfluid. Good luck.. if you figure anything out be sure to let me know!