1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SocksAreComfy, Dec 30, 2014.

1. SocksAreComfy

For about a year or two now, I've been considering being a FtM. Since I was younger, I've wanted to be male and even tried more masculine stuff. I even tried getting my hair cut like a boy, but my hair stylist refused and gave me a bob. Recently, I've tried hiding this by acting more girly. While I do enjoy female stuff like painting my nails, a part of me feels like inside I'm a boy. My mom said she'd support me through if I ever did decide to become a trans ever since I told her my sexuality. Am I just confused or should I confront someone about this?

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, you should definitely get a different hair stylist!!! you're paying them, they need to cut it the way that you want. You are lucky that your mom is supportive. no need to rush keep exploring. maybe your mom would be willing to take you to counseling to help you work through all this. who do you think you would need to confront about this? it seems like your mom is pretty supportive. well, maybe that hair stylist!

3. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definately keep exploring your feelings. Talking to someone can help you un-jumble it in you head as well. At the end of the day, only you can know who you are! Some boys do like more girly things too btw.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...9807-figuring-out-my-gender-identity-s.html#4
    The link for androgynous people might not ring with you...

I'd say take your time...
    ask if you have further questions... people will try to support you...

you might try to build some community on EC, talking to others via wall messages...

and you might think about talking to a gender therapist, someone from an lgbt center or a trans helpline, or a counselor from school...

(*hug*)

5. Seige

Gender isnt a spectrum, hun. Its quite possible that you might feel More comfortable identifying with something closer to the middle of the spectrum, and thats perfectly ok! Id suggest reading more about the gender spectrum, and maybe something will sound particularly "right" to you. And we're here to help you :slight_smile:

But yeah, unless you REALLY want to keep that stylist, Id suggest ditching them. Youre paying them, (I assume) so they cant just refuse you basic service, then expect you to stay if youre not happy, which I assume youre not. Good luck discovering yourself :slight_smile: