1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met my old bio teacher on a trans BBS

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sherlock, Dec 31, 2014.

1. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Over here in Taiwan, there's this BBS board for trans people and sometimes I browse it. A few days ago, I saw a post asking for MtF gift ideas. The poster claimed to be a FtM teacher picking out Christmas presents for a MtF student. I took a look at the poster ID and discovered that it was my previous biology teacher (he uses the same handle in his email).

So I messaged him, unsure if he remembers me. I was 13 back then.

He did, and he replied. He was very surprised, but gave me a lot of advice nonetheless. He advised me to live on campus in college, so that parents would have less control over my gender expression, and recommended a few LGBT friendly universities with medical schools. He also said there are, in fact, FtM medical students in my dream medical school, and I felt really motivated and hopeful again.

This also happens to be the first time I came out to another human being using specific labels, not just "I wouldn't mind being a dude" or "Sometimes I don't feel like being a girl". I did the same to a close friend afterwards and she was really accepting.

Also, I passed the International Biology Olympiad Opens for Team Taiwan today. Onto the semifinals!:lol:

2. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! What are the odds?? :icon_bigg:eusa_clap

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: