1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut and Passing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 15case12, Dec 31, 2014.

1. 15case12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    image.jpg
    (The guy on the right is the cut I'm looking at)
    Hi! I'm Casey, Case for short. I am transmasculine so I basically feel more masculine and not very feminine. I am not out to anyone except one friend but not even by boyfriend yet. Anyways I have been getting short haircuts but they always seem to grow out very quickly and still look kind of girly. My main concern is that it grows out very quickly and I can't afford the constant haircuts. My question is if I get the above haircut, would I be able to pass. I don't pass now and I know that very short hair isn't always the best for looking masculine as it shows your head shape. Do you think that this cut is long enough to avoid this? Also, I was thinking of going to a barber for the first time. Do you recommend this or a salon?
    Thanks for your help! It's much appreciated.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If your hair is thick, it could work, although I'd suggest a medium-length hairstyle so your head shape doesn't show.

3. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    I too suggest a medium-length cut. Ultra short didn't work for me.

4. 15case12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My hair is very thick. Do you think it would be better if I asked for a little longer than this on top and just as short on sides or longer on sides as well?

5. 15case12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Would you mind giving me an example of what you mean by mesium length. My hair is 1-2 inches on sides and 3-4 on top right now and it doesn't look bery masculine.