1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That happiness when sort of seeing the real you

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MissMook, Jan 1, 2015.

1. MissMook

So...today I decided to try on some lipstick a friend of mine gave to me for the first time ever.

I put on some eyeliner and a nice top and skirt, then styled my hair all girly and whatnot. I then finally started applying the lipstick...

What I saw in the mirror then filled me with such a warm feeling of happiness, I almost cried. For once, I felt like the pretty woman I always wanted to look like - I mean...at least in the face (still wish I had hips and a backside...). It's such an enlightening feeling, I want to find any excuse to wear it as much as possible. lol

Has anyone else experienced this sort of feeling? What did it for you? ^___^

2. JustJJx

Yeah, being called Blythe for the first time was amazing <3
    Also I have a basic unisex outfit worked out now, pants, skinny jeans and a baggy sweatshirt! Live wearing it, its just comforting!

3. MissMook

That is wonderful, Blythe. ^___^

That sounds like a nice, simple outfit. I should put together something more unisex myself on days where I'm feeling particularly feminine. Sadly, I can't go strolling around in any of the skirts I have.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah I get this. I once read someone refer to it as gender euphoria- so like the opposite of dysphoria. I have some bits of clothing I wear way too often just because they give me that nice feeling.

5. WyldStyle

I can't say I've felt it as strongly as you have. But I definitely feel the same thing when I'm dressing up and feel that I look passable.

6. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Felt about the same thing once or twice.. It really is a great feeling, isn't it? :icon_bigg

7. AsheTheHuman

A friend of mine gave me makeup and whenever dysphoria gets really bad I use a little and it makes me feel so much better.

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe a few times when I wear dress shirts. But it's all ruined when I look in the mirror at my long hair and baby round face.

9. MissMook

Gender euphoria...I haven't heard of that much but I do really like the sound of it. So often do I hear about and experience dysphoria, it's comforting to know a counterpart to it exists. ^___^

I still feel like I'm far from passing as female, but that feeling I got makes me all the more eager to try better.

It's wonderful. Kind of addicting, even. lol

Ooh! I do the same as well. Never underestimate what a little eyeliner can do. ;D

#9 MissMook, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Seige

Mascara does this for me. I dont have any real makeup, just whatever I can scrounge, but mascara makes my eyes look.... Nice! Beautiful even. It feels wonderful

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When my friend did my makeup for me a while back I did the "oh my god that's me" hand over my mouth like the bride who sees her dress type reaction.

Or when I shaved my legs the first time.

I know those feels.

12. WyldStyle

I'm far from passing too. But a couple weeks ago when I put on my very first feminine outfit, it felt amazing. :grin:

13. Mischief

Mischief Guest

When I tucked my hair into my beanie and dressed like a dude. I felt so so so good.

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Give me a tie, a fresh ironed shirt, a decent jacket and a new haircut, then a mirror, and I'm the happiest man on earth :eusa_danc

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It happens on and off for me, but some moments I'll see the person looking back at me and either be okay with it (just okay) or pretty happy. It all depends really. Clothing not so much does it. It's kind of random, but I notice if my facial hair is more visible that I tend to be happier.

16. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yes, though now that I am presenting as male full time it doesn't really happen very often, except on days when I pass exceptionally well.

17. MissMook

It makes me happy to see all you lovely folk feel similarly. <3

It's truly such an enlightening experience. In a world full of sadness, discrimination, rage, alienation, loneliness, doubt, and dysphoria, it's nice to know that somewhere within the murky pit it all falls into, there's at least a little bit of light found in just being who you are. Be brave and fight for it, everyone.

Make that happiness and pride into something that can't be bested. ^___^