1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The ever common bathroom problems

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ronin, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys. I'm wondering. I pass as male most of the time now. At least, whenever someone genders me out loud it's male/masculine. So I don't think I can use the women's washrooms anymore if other strangers are there. My family doesn't really accept my transition and I'm still "female" enough that they are in denial. Well, especially my mom, really, and a couple other people. I'm often out with them or with people who know me only as female (they are associated with my mother) and sometimes I really gotta go. I have no sweet clue what to do. They would seriously freak out if I went to use the men's. I mean, just the other day my mom didn't understand why I'd think people would throw me out of the women's change room if I went in there lol. -.- She was suggesting that I use that instead of the family change rooms. It's just this awkward stage right now. I guess until my voice is very much a man's voice with a beard sprouting in places on my face it's gonna be like this. Any ideas? I'm otherwise totally cool using the men's room with no issues at all. I have an stp and all too which helps my confidence.

2. Theboythat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Use it when your parents aren't watching you. That's what I do.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're 25 and you pass pretty well, I don't think your mom should have any say, unless she was concerned about you getting hurt for whatever reason. You're a big boy now and can go without your mother's supervision; maybe remind her of that? Also do what theboythat said. If you go when no one's looking, that's great. If you're at a restaurant or something, you could request a table that's "close to the window" (or use some other excuse for getting a table out of sight of the bathrooms).

4. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the responses! A lot of times it's just not possible to go when they're not looking. Yeah, I know I should just do what I need to do and not give a crap to what others think lol. I mean, they're gonna have to get used to it eventually... This whole thing is just...so. very. awkward and uncomfortable *le sigh* I would half expect one certain person to physically stop me, however.

#4 Ronin, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015