1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name Help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by QuestioningMind, Jan 3, 2015.

1. QuestioningMind

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey there, I'm a trans male and my birth name isn't exactly masculine. Or at least it is definitely a women's name. I've been thinking for a while on a name that I love, and I've really fallen in love with one in particular, but I've been informed that the name I've fallen in love with is apparently a women's name as well. The name in question is 'Deryn'. I completely love this name but I've been told that it doesn't really help my case in passing. The male version of this name is 'Darren', and I'm not too thrilled about that one, so I'm asking for maybe some advice? Do you guys think my name of choice is fine? Should I start up the name hunt again? Or do you guys have any name suggestions? I don't know, I'm just tired of being called by my birth name; it really brings me down. So yeah, any advice would be heavily appreciated :eusa_danc

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Depends what you're looking for really.
    Damen, Darrian, Dorian, Damien, Dimitri? Or just start fresh? You could try something obscure, like Alistair or Rei (Spelt differently enough to be unique, but not difficult to pronounce)

4. QuestioningMind

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you guys for the suggestions, and I will say that I actually really like the sound of the name Daryn. Can't believe I never actually thought of that one.

5. Skellington

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mm, I was going to say Daryn or Darryn. Otherwise, Deryn seems like such a rare name that it isn't even on some of the major baby names websites and most people probably wouldn't know it originated as a female name.

6. suninthesky

What about Darin? I like any of the versions, it's a pretty neat name.

7. Skellington

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One name website I just had a look on suggested Derryn as a male alternative to Deryn.