1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lovinladies, Jan 5, 2015.

1. lovinladies

lovinladies Guest

I've always just considered myself a tomboy. I like sports, hang out mostly with boys, like getting messy- things you normally associate with the male gender. But I also had always liked things that were 'girly' too, like long hair, makeup (mostly mascara and lipgloss), and when I was little I had been obsessed with pink. Nowdays, I am more into rock and black.

Recently (for about the past three months) I've been feeling what I think is dysphoria. But I'm not sure. I feel like somethings...missing down there. If thats how you put it. I'm not actully sure and I'm uncoftorable talking more about it, so I'll just leave it at that.

My long hair has also been on of my favorite things about me, but latel I've been feeling the erdge (erge... is that how you spell it???) to cut it off, same as wearing a binder. I've always weared more masculine clothes, but now I have been shopping almost exclussively in the mens section. I've been telling myself it's because I like the styles better, but I'm not so sure.

I dunno, sometimes I feel like I want to continue wearing mor emakeup and wear dresses, but I also see myself as a stong male at the same times. I haven't told anyone about these thoughts- while they accepted me as a lesbian, they would not be as exspecting of this. I'm so confused :/

2. lovinladies

lovinladies Guest

Anyone out there? Is what I'm feeling wierd?

3. Hela

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, not at all. I experience a lot of the same things here, except I lean a little more to the feminine side. What you might be is genderfluid, which is switching between genders. If one day you feel masculine, and a different day feminine, then that could be genderfluidity. Or at least it is for me. There are other things you could be, like demiboy, demigirl or trans*.
    I hope this helps, somewhat.

4. lovinladies

lovinladies Guest

thanks for the help :slight_smile:

5. Lazuri

Yeah, your experience sounds very similar to my fiancee and she views herself as genderfluid. Instead of being in a specific place on the "gender scale" genderfluids tend to be a bit more.... Dynamic, I think is a good word.

Absolutely nothing wrong with you.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  7. gurren

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    hi I'm new here. I needed a place to vent so I suched the interweb and found this site. Please forgive my grammer in advance. Ok here we go!
    All my life I've never truly knew who I was attracted to (male or female.) When I turned 16 I had sex for the first time with a girl and it felt good you know, so I thought I'm straight but I still sometimes found myself thinking of what it would be like to be with a man or even a transsexual. I dream about it sometimes you know. Its all I thing about lately male, women, or indifferent its driving me crazy. Please give me some advise.

#7 gurren, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  8. Bmsboy44

Bmsboy44 Guest

also questioning.

9. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    Am I Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgender?

There is romantic and sexual attraction...
    some people say they do not fall in love with a gender but a person...

I'd say take your time...