1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Die Cis Scum?" Wtf?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CallMeChristian, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Okay, can we please talk about all of these special snowflake, social justice warriors who are pretty much all white people between the age of 12-19 and who are honestly just trying to feel like they are oppressed so they aren't put into the category of "privileged," then when they feel thoroughly de-privileged, they think it's okay to make death threats to people and to tell any and every other white, cis person to "check their privilege" ie. the privilege that they CHOSE TO GIVE UP!!?!?! Newsflash, LGBT people didn't CHOOSE to give up their privilege, because that isn't how it works. Just like you can't choose to become black and give up your white privilege, you can't choose to be LGBT and give up your hetero/cis privilege.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

The people on Tumblr are freaking crazy, end of story

3. Right. Like, oh my gosh.

4. Seige

Ugh.... I really hoped you were quoting Sky Williams. (He wasnt actually saying Cis-Scum. Im fairly certain He just stuttured and said S-Scum.)

On an ACTUAL note, yeah. Youre right. Its idiotic, and lessens the chance someone would listen to US (the LGBT community as a whole).

5. Exactly. I don't go around CONSTANTLY like "Blah blah, I'm discriminated against, blah blah cis scum, blah blah check your privilege" and I'm ACTUALLY LGBT! Like, REAL LGBT people don't even do that so, why would fake LGBT people do it? LOL

6. Lazuri

Only people who do it for attention will go around and rub it in people's faces. Most LBGT people are quite satisfied to just live and let live, but boy are those social justice warriors loud. So loud that it's all people think we are.

Personally though, I have shouted "DIE, CIS SCUM" plenty of times, but in my cases "CIS" stands for "Confederacy of Independant Systems" and I was playing Star Wars: Battlefront so I think I get a free pass. Droids do not feel emotion.

7. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't understand this people. Why would anybody want to be LGBT and feel oppressed? Being LGBT isn't even a choice. They can fight for social justice without lebeling themselves and acting like assholes.

8. Lazuri

It's a bit ironic isn't it? They'll be social justice warriors and talk about how all things LBGT isn't a choice when many of them made a choice to be trans to be able to say "check your privilege."

What's even more ironic is that many of them will probably evetually grow up and exit that special snowflake phase at which point they might experience crippling dysphoria due to forcing themselves through a transition they didn't need.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would be careful generalizing people, because at this point you are guilty of the same thing they are. They are generalizing behaviors of certain groups, which leads to more problems. This post is guilty of the same behavior.

Now, as for the people that think separating us from the cis community will help, I disagree with that idea. There are some cis people that are able to help us, and it would be a mistake to not let them help us because they are cis. Not all cis people are transphobic, and that is something that is important to remember.

10. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ... Mean snowflakes... There is a bunch of them everywhere.

11. Seige

Yeah. Im getting really uncomfortable withthis whole subject. I dont know enough about this to really determine if those people arnt "really" trans. Were getting one side of this subject and damning everyone who does it, without actually TALKING with someone who does it. It SEEMS stupid to me, but I dont actually know anyone who does this.

12. MrK21

It sounds just about as tacky as a bunch of black people saying "Die White Scum". What if cis people started a rant saying "Die Trans Scum"? That would be unacceptable. In return trans people starting a rant that says "Die Cis Scum" should not be acceptable neither. It's not going to stop transphobia in the long run, because yeah, if someone told started a group telling me to die, I am more than likely not to want anything to do with them. I ingam a strong believer that we as an LGBT community need to start spending more time helping people out, not calling people out.

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

More tumblr..

I for one am envious of cis people. At least they don't have to struggle every day in the wrong body.

14. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not really too worried about people who are into the "trans fad". They'll get over it after a year or two or more and people will forget about it. Ultimately the wheat will be separated from the chaff. They're young people. They're discovering who they are in this world. They make mistakes. I'll bet a few of them really are transgender. This is all within the norm of being a teen. If people don't grow up, then... well, it isn't really worth getting upset over an immature person, imo.

15. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tumblr annoys me because instead of trying to fight for justice they complain about how "oppressed" they are

#15 warholwendy, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  16. Acm

Acm Guest

I try not to take the stuff on tumblr too seriously, a lot of it is probably just for attention/wanting to fit in with the crowd.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That already happens. In fact, they take it a step further. People genuinely believe that and choose to kill trans people.

This is not an equal situation. "Die cis scum" is something to laugh at. The opposite is real and rarely punished.

---------- Post added 7th Jan 2015 at 11:34 AM ----------

As much as Tumblr is often infantile and fruitless, how exactly are you supposed to change inequality if you can't complain about oppression?

18. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just out of curiosity, how long has all this "special snowflake" stuff been going on? Is it fairly new? I never really noticed anything before this morning.. :eusa_doh:

19. Lazuri

Oh, it's been climbing for a while now, more than a year. Unfortunately it peaked just about when I accepted I was trans and decided to act on it.

20. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On word: Tumblr and to some extent, maybe even youtube.