1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Transgender People...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by pointofnoreturn, Jan 7, 2015.

1. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am not transgender, but please hear me out.
    As this is being typed, I have something called cerebral palsy, which in my case only affects my walking, balance, and hands- leaving my mind, heart, and soul fully intact.
    I have never run, danced, jumped, tiptoed, or even walked across a flat surface without some kind of help; as it stands, I most likely never will. But, like many of you, I know what it feels like to be someone else inside.
    For most of you, transitioning means changing clothes. Putting on makeup or taking it off; getting wigs, extensions, or a pair of scissors; and finding the perfect name. For most of you, being real means putting yourself in danger every time you walk out the door. I'm not naïve; I read about trans violence, suicide, and discrimination constantly, and it breaks my heart. If you could, though, please remember something.
    You are being given the opportunity of a lifetime- even though it might not feel like it right now. We now live in a country where not only is it possible to transition, it is admired and celebrated, even encouraged; you all have more visibility than ever.
    All of the things I cannot do awake, I do in sleep: running, jumping, and being my true able bodied self is the best feeling in the world...but it only lasts a few hours. When I wake, it's the worst feeling because I know I'll never get to be her- the nameless, faceless, bold, outrageous, happy, real girl I am in my dreams.
    You can. You can be the men and women you are inside. You can, in essence, live out my dream. I didn't write all of this to make you sad, or to gain pity; I wrote this to give all those who are struggling hope and perspective. If you are reading this and you hate your body because of who you know yourself to be, remember that this is exactly how the universe meant for you to be... all that's needed is a little patience. Don't give up, because it only gets better if you fight to make it so. And if you are suicidal, please know that I see, appreciate, and love you even if no one else does; find someone or something to live for. Live your truths, and when the going gets tough, think of me. Live your life the way I would have- openly, happily, and freely- because your life is a gift, a light that should never go out.
    If you made it to this point, thank you. :slight_smile:

2. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for posting this.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your mentality is why I won't let the world beat me.

People lose perspective of that. I do too. Thank you for this wonderful reminder.

4. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*)Your awesome...the world needs more people like you

5. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*):kiss: Thank you... I love you for posting this... I will never give up I promise!

6. Lazuri

I like your attitude.

Life is precious, it really is. When you consider the odds of your birth you are simply amazed that you even exist when you consider every astronomically unlikely event from the beginning of time to present day that lead to you.

Planets literally aligned to create every single one of us.

That's why I always get sad when I hear about suicides because it's just such a goddamn waste. Same thing when somebody squanders the life they have on being indecisive about something they already know that they really want and how happy that would make them.

So to everybody who reads this that may have thoughts about suicide or who are running from the fact that they are trans* or anything but heterosexual--you could be so beautiful. You really, really could. Don't let it go to waste.

Life is precious, but it's somehow so easy to forget and sometimes we need something--or someone--to remind us of the most obvious thing in the universe.

OP, you are beautiful.

7. Seige

Thank you. Just.... Thank you. You have no ifea how much this meant to me. Im not really accustomed to this feeling... I think its hope.

8. All this time, this is how she feels... My sister also has CP. Though she doesn't recognize me as agender/trans** I feel this is something she would have said. Thank you...just thank you.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:thumbsup:

9. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What an inspiring post. Thanks for the reminder. It's very much appreciated. (*hug*) Best wishes for you.

10. CyberStar

That is deep. I have to say, thank you for posting this. You are a really great person.

11. Chriswe

Thank you for posting this. Really inspiring. I wish that one day, you'll be able to be the real you. If we all just believe hard enough, dream hard enough and fight hard enough, anything could happen. (*hug*)

12. PrairieRachel

I love you dear! :slight_smile:

13. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much for this. It can be so easy to start feeling like everything is hopeless, but you have reminded me to stay hopeful, and I appreciate that.

14. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is truly beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your heart with us! It's made a difference for me just reading this.

15. Isa

Isa

A really inspirational post. Every bit of courage, hope and inspiration is helpful to me and i think others to be able to feel the way we should. Thank you for sharing!

16. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow...never expected this kind of response, so glad I posted though:slight_smile:
    All these comments just make my heart smile.
    CyberMaster: love your sig. it's so badass.