1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expressing my gender identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 15case12, Jan 7, 2015.

1. 15case12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi! I'm Casey, although I've recently taken a liking to the name Chandler. So, I am transmacsuline. So basically I identify/relate alot more to masculine characteristics and presentation and practically no feminimity. So, Regarding my hair, I have short hair now, about 3 inches long, but I was thinking that something shorter may make me feel more masculine. My concern is that the short hair will show some feminine traits like my feminine hairline or shape of my skull. The attatched picture is the haircut I am thinking of getting. Do you think that it would look masculine? Also, I am looking for a cheaper binder. I've seen good reviews on SHO binders and underworks (a bit more expensive). Do you have any experiences with these binders? Thank you:slight_smile:

Attached Files:

2. CyberStar

Hi Casey! I don't think I might be able to offer you much help with binders, but as for the hair, I think you should get it. The hairline or skull shape shouldn't be too noticable. I've seen girls with really close-cropped hair at my work before (think Marine-style) and if I had only seen their heads I could have taken them for men. The only real hints are body shape and face shape (that I see, although I'm not an expert), and if you pull it off right, people won't usually make much of facial shape. So I would totally give the haircut a try.

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I think that you look very handsome and masculine in the photo. A shorter haircut definitely gives you a more masculine look. go for it! :thumbsup:

4. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can really only try a hairstyle and see if it works *shrugs*. Hair grows back and hats exist. Short on the sides and slightly longer (not necessarily edgy-long) on top is a pretty traditional guy style that works for a lot of transmasculine people. Straight across the back and sideburns is good (unless your neck is very short then something else for the back). That hairstyle in the pic is probably a good place to start. Honestly, since everyone's face and hairline are different, there's no way to say "this will work" or "this won't work", especially without being able to see what you look like. That kind of hair style isn't very feminine at least, so it shouldn't be too bad if it doesn't end up being ideal for ya.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  6. 15case12

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks everyone! All your opinions/thoughts are really helping me decide with the hair and binders!