1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NekoAlex, Jan 8, 2015.

1. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, guys. So, recently I've decided that I want to present myself as a guy at least to strangers, but I'm never confident enough that I will pass. Sometimes, when I dress nice and look in the mirror I see a handsome young guy and I feel like I already have a male body, but when I go out and see how the other guys at my age look I feel like I will never be able to pass without hormones and when I see my reflexion somewhere the only thing I see is a boyish-looking girl or a 12-year old and I feel like crap. So even if I have the opportunity to introduce myself to someone as a guy, I always end up saying I'm a girl, because I feel they won't believe it, mainly because of my voice and my babyface. Now it's even worse, because for the next 1-2 months I will be living with my parents and I can't bind, which makes me even more insecure. I just don't know how to get the confidence to present myself as male without having to tell them that I'm trans. Any tips?

2. Lazuri

I can seriously relate on the whole going to your parents thing.

I'm at my parents for about a month and it's proving much more difficult than I imagined. Just the knowledge that I can't do anything to represent the real me is driving me up the walls.

As for the introduction thing, it's a confidence thing. If you're confident, they will believe you and if they don't, it's not the end of the world, you'll probably never meet them again. For all your intents and purposes, they are practice.

Alternatively, you can say "don't believe me? Do you want me to hang dong? Because I will fucking hang dong." Chances are they will immediately back down.

3. PossumJack

That just made my day, Lazuri :lol:

But yeah, I agree with what she's saying. It's mostly a matter of confidence. I also tend to look like 12-year-old when trying to present as male, and I can sympathize with how crappy it feels. But if you just introduce yourself confidently, something like "Hi, my name is <insert male name here>" they generally just accept it without question.