1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binders

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Acm, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

Can anyone recommend me some good binders? The last one I ordered didn't work out very well.

2. Chriswe

I've heard underworks 988 binder is good. I haven't tried it out myself yet but when I'm out, that's the one I'm buying. See a review on the binder here: http://youtu.be/4gLknvgPnws

3. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    The cheap zipper one I have works pretty well. But I'm Taiwanese and it's from a Taiwanese company so no shipping $$$ for me.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had good luck with underworks binders. The one that I use as my main binder is the underworks tri - top half length. It allows me to be able to breath easy and move around, which is important since both places I work are very physical.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where did you order from and what model did you get?

7. Acm

Acm Guest

I got the tri-top from underworks, but I'm pretty sure I got a size too small because there is no way I could ever fit in it- it wouldn't go over my head and I couldn't step into it. The material looks pretty uncomfortable to me, but everyone says that's the best binder so I guess I should just try ordering a size up and hoping it works :confused:

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it sounds like you may have ordered one a size too small then. The material does look uncomfortable, but really it is not bad. You don't want something too soft, because then it clings to your clothing and shows through easier.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loveboat has zipper and velcro binders. Maybe those will work for you, unless you're a bigger guy then they run a bit small. The biggest size I've seen from them is 3XL, and I'm 2XL.

10. Acm

Acm Guest

The Loveboat binders look good to me but they're too expensive unfortunately. I would like to try a size up in the tri-top, but my mom looked at it when she found it in my drawer and she thinks it looks uncomfortable and hard to breathe in, even though I told her most people found them fine. She says I should just get another of what I currently have, which is the cheap amazon binder. It's worked fine for me so far, but some people swear by them and other people say they're dangerous so I don't know what to think. Are they okay to wear if you're pretty flat-chested?

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say that they are ok if you are flat chested and you are safe about it. You just don't want to wear it for too long. Also, if it starts to hurt a lot, then I would take it off.

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2015 at 09:34 PM ----------

Also, over in the other thread, suninthesky posted this site that you might have luck with too. It looks like this is made out of a t-shirt like material, so that might work better.

12. Acm

Acm Guest

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear good things about GC2b, which seems pretty new.

14. suninthesky

Yeah, I'm dying to try a GC2b (why my school wifi blocks that site I don't know..) since all the reviews say they're better than underworks, but my tri-top is just fine. You probably just need a size up. I pull mine on over the top of my head and it goes on like a size-too-small sports bra. I usually breath out when I put it off/on to make my chest temporarily smaller. Then when it's on I usually push 'em up and out or down and out depending on the tightness of the shirt. Prevents the uniboob for a while but I usually have to adjust if I move around. They review say less adjusting with the GC2b stuff, which is why I want to try one.

Though I really do like that it's winter. If I layer enough clothes I can get away with wearing nothing. The perks of being a long distance runner... the hours of pain better be worth something.

15. Tohru-Chan

*There's some velcro ones in the 'plus size' section that go up to 7XL*