1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling a little down...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FrogCAT, Jan 12, 2015.

1. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So just yesterday i got home from being at my grandpas house for two weeks because i was on break, and i hadn't realized what it would be like when i got back. My house has a total of twelve people(including me) living in it compared with my grandpas house just having me, him, and my dad. Iv'e only recently started to dislike being referred to as male, and I had so much less social contact when i was at his house so we just kinda talked when we were in the same room which wasn't much, but now being back at home is forcing me to be around people(which i already dislike) who have no idea who i really am and are constantly using 'him/he/son' and it's really starting to bother me. Previously my coping mechanism was singing, but now i cant even do that, because i feel like my voice isn't mine. And on top of all that i start school again tomorrow i just have no idea if i can handle it.
    :help: :help:

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2015 at 07:08 PM ----------

If anyone is interested the eleven people are:
    My mother, Her boyfriend, my four brothers, three sisters, my nephew, and my cousin.
    I also share a room with my older brother so no midnight makeup wearing.

2. AsheTheHuman

(*hug*) I know how hard it is at first. Are you afraid your family won't accept you? What's stopping you from telling them?

3. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not entirely sure why I can't tell them, I think it might be because of my aspergers which I've heard that in some cases causes difficulty in speaking up when bothered/upset. Also kinda because I've always tried my hardest to not be a burden to anyone, and doing anything medically: hrt, surgery, would stain our already tight budget.

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2015 at 08:56 PM ----------

I am certain that rejection would not be an issue, they might have trouble adjusting but would eventually be just fine with the idea.

4. AsheTheHuman

I have Aspeger's as well. It's... Difficult to say the least. Anyways, yeah, if you're really concerned about straining your family's budget, there's a TON of stuff you can do without medicine / doctors / whatever. It's going to be tough to explore any of that without first telling your family though.

5. Lazuri

I agree with Ashe. If you believe chance of opposition is low, go for it. That's how I've been doing it since day one as I started telling friends pretty much right away. The only people I Didn't tell were my family because they're the only ones I think might be trouble.

6. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, today at school was not as bad as i thought it would be, it could have been better though. I attempted to tell my best friend Israel(whom i affectionately call Becky), and for whatever reason i could not tell him. It's like my body was physically stopping me from saying anything, Even causing me some pain in my mid torso. The loss of friendship is not what was stopping me though because if only one person would accept me it would be him because he is bisexual and knows the feeling of rejection from people. I still couldn't do it though. Here's to hoping i can do it tomorrow.

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2015 at 04:28 PM ----------

Okay, i actually call him Becky because my aspergers makes it impossible to call people by their given name. But also affectionately.

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  8. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people