1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda freaking out about this..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Confusedgirl0, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Confusedgirl0

Out Status:
    Some people
    K so I made a thread the other day explaining how I feel like I don't want my breasts anymore, but I am not into becoming a transmale. I got suggested androgynous, which I'm still not completely sure on the actual definition because I've been lurking around the internet and a lot of people use it kinda differently each time.. Past 2 days I was almost sure that I wanna be trans male, I told myself that it was just like when I found out I liked girls, (think it, deny it, accept it) but I don't think it is. I've come to learn that gender is way more complicated than sexual orientation. :bang: I looked on tumblr some ftm boys and I felt jealousy half-way.. Like I'm so jealous that they can freely cut their hair and wear boy clothes and also have no breasts/wearing binders. But I don't think I want facial hair or a penis. Those thoughts don't appeal to me or feel right. I've discovered I don't care whether I am called ma'am or sir, she or he. At least I don't think. Ive only been called he/him pronouns very little in my life and I only felt humiliation. But I think that was only cuz I thought that it was embarrassing to be mistaken for an opposite gender. I'm content being called she/her and a sister/daughter but I don't think I would be opposed to be called him/he. I remember being 6 years old and wishing upon a star and praying to god that i wanted to be a boy. But now I'm so confused because do I really wanna be a boy? I don't really know if I would want a penis, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think I would. My last thread I got suggested being a tomboy but idk if this label is right or not. Or Maybe I am just a tomboy/butch girl who happens to want a flat chest. Or maybe I'm androgynous, identifying as female but feeling more comfortable physically looking like a pretty boy. But not overly masculine, just like I don't want to be overly feminine. I really really wanna talk to a gender therapist but this is all I have right now :bang: :tears: please help if you have some advice and/or a person I can message or email personally about this stuff.

2. Lazuri

It's not quite as important what your label is as long as you know what you want. You know what you want and what you don't want, focus on that.

Want a binder and short hair? Go nuts! Don't want a penis? Don't go nuts. (See what Indid there?)

Also, this is just a general tip. Be careful about the stuff you learn from tumblr. A lot of people on there consider themselves trans either to fit in or to become underprivileged. Many of them, probably most of them, aren't really trans and are misrepresenting the struggle that a lot of people feel every day.

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with Lazuri, you know what you want and don't need a label! Rock it! :slight_smile:

4. Confusedgirl0

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys, y'all are right I shouldn't focus so much on labels right now, instead just I after what I want. That'll be my new goal. And I'll be more careful with tumblr too. Thanks all :slight_smile: