1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diffrence between trans girls and girly boys

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by joshy the queen, Jan 13, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom thinks im kinda trans because i act all womanly dress tight jeans very colorful flamy and i like placing some girly accesiors for girls on like braclets hats a jacket and she thinks im trying to send a message to her that im a girl inside !!!!! I mean yes i do say jokingly that im a girl but really how can i make her understand
    and i dont even want to be a girl though is it wrong as a male to take older girls as role models ?
    I do like makeup too i do wear some but just around the house not in public hello syria im already builled for being femme:dry: let alone makeup !

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2015 at 12:14 PM ----------

How can i differ from trans folks ^_^ to my mom

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2015 at 12:14 PM ----------

How can i differ from trans folks ^_^ to my mom

2. Lazuri

Quite simply put, if you don't feel uncomfortable with your body and want to transition, you're not trans. That's the absolute that must be filled to be fully trans; an overwhleming desire not to act like a woman but to -be- a woman.

Though I will sometimes say that if you can read through an article(preferably with pictures) about all the things they're gonna do to your dick during sex reassignment surgery and can at the end of it say "this feels like an excellent idea" then congratulations, you're trans. That's how I knew.

3. WyldStyle

Just because you're breaking gender roles, does not mean you are trans. Normally i'd say a person like you is genderfluid but you don't even fit that. You're just a non-conformist I guess. And I say that's awesome! More power to you, you don't have to be trans or anything else to express yourself like this. :slight_smile:

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

As no one really answered your question yet, I guess I will.

Just tell her you don't want to be a girl at all and you like your body. Make sure to be firm.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

Tell her that boys can be girly, and it doesn't mean they're trans, and that you don't want to be a girl.

6. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even better, watch an entire video about it! :lol:

Anyways, for the OP: As others have said, just tell her that you don't want to be a girl. Try to emphasize that breaking gender norms doesn't make you the other gender. Good luck. :slight_smile:

7. Just Jess

If your mom isn't going to come around and has this idea about you, you know, it is kind of hard to be misunderstood, but it is not always a bad thing. Just be you, when you get a great guy who loves you for who you are and couldn't be with a girl she will probably get it then. If she doesn't she never will. She is still on your side though.

That or cowboy boots and flannel :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. MrK21

Okay, tell her about the existence of FTMs that crossdress "back" to female. Gender roles vary amongst both cis people and trans people. They say nothing about your gender identity OR orientation.

9. SkyColours38

Yeah, I mean I consider myself a (trans) guy, but I like to dress in quite a campy way sometimes, which definitely does not mean I'm a cis woman. If she doesn't get that you aren't trans just because you're a cis guy who enjoys traditionally feminine clothing, there might be too many layers of gender in my version of the situation for it to help her understand any better... but still, just in case. :slight_smile: Best of luck explaining to her!

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just tell her what you told us. That you basically are fine with your boy parts, being seen and treated as a boy, living with a boy name, etc. There are plenty of feminine men, as well as masculine women, and most of us probably have traits stereotypically attributed to both; they just come out in different ways, usually.

From personal experience, a lot of trans women pre-transition take very slow steps towards acting, thinking, and looking more like women. I haven't known of too many that were extremely girly as men. If anything, many do their hardest to repress and hide that part of themselves from the world!

Society isn't very nice towards AMAB folk who break gender norms.

11. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  12. AlexTheGrey

Your post immediately made me think back to this guy's TED Talk on the complexities of gender (from the same guy who made the infographic jay linked):

My TED Talk: Understanding the Complexities of Gender

It does a decent job of being a primer to get someone thinking beyond the assumptions of binary sex and gender, although it doesn't go terribly deep. It might help to share it with your mother in this case.

I laughed at this... not because it was funny, but because it is too damn true, in my case. I haven't come out because of that last sentence.

Honestly, the guy who can dress up and drag and be perfectly fine with it... I kinda want to know their secret.

13. Lazuri

Apathy towards society and what it thinks of them. That's really all it is, some people just don't give a shit. personally I really admire the ability to do that.