1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria? I dunno what's going on

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by The iD, Jan 14, 2015.

1. The iD

So recently I had a friend come out to me as trans, and her and I discussed gender, and I began thinking, what if I were a girl? And after thinking about it more and more I hated being a bio male. I wished I was born a girl. Today in school I had to go in the boys room and it just felt shitty and odd. Sometimes I really wish I were a girl and hate being a guy.

I don't know if this is dysphoria, or curiosity? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. PossumJack

How long have you been feeling this way? Also, before your friend came out to you were you comfortable with your body and gender?

3. Lazuri

Well, the important question to ask yourself is if you want to be seen as a woman in modern society? Do you want to be a woman and be seen as a woman by the people around you? That's the question you got to answer.

That's for being fully trans though. There's a lot of grey in the gender spectrum.

4. The iD

Well I always really thought it would be a nice change to be a girl and all, but even since my friend had the confidence to really find himself, I have decided to think about it a bit more.

And I don't know how I felt, I just didn't care, on occasion I'd be fine, then sometimes I would be uncomfortable about it.

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2015 at 08:22 PM ----------

I'm not sure how I would feel about being seen as a woman, I personally don't care about how I'm seen all that much. Whether it's in a good or bad way.