1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomboy or Genderfluid

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CaramelHearts, Jan 15, 2015.

1. CaramelHearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am a 20 year old Female who just found it what genderfluid sort of is.
    I am confused as to if I am a tomboy or genderfluid. I like being the guy in a girl relationship and a girl in the guy relationship, but have 2 kids with a man whom I live deeply. I love being a girl, but sometimes I act, walk and talk like a guy... any insights?

2. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

When I was trying to figure out how I identify I watched a lot of videos and read a lot of stories people wrote about how they figured out their gender... I found that being able to hear/see someone else put it into words it was easier for me to understand what being gender fluid is like for other people. I was trying to see what I could/could not relate to and I started to ask questions when they allowed it (like private messaging on youtube, tumblr, etc). After a while I started playing around with pronouns and names... I asked some of my closest friends to call me Alex and use male pronouns only. I then realized like within a day or two that I don't like being called "he" and I already knew I absolutely hate being called "she" (which unfortunately happens all the time since my family doesn't know or people over look it)... Anyways, I then asked my friends to call me by gender neutral pronouns and I loved that so much.
    - Maybe you could do something like that? Play around with pronouns, search youtube videos/stories and maybe try experimenting with clothing? Like I am not saying buy men's clothing or anything but maybe you could talk to your husband and experiment by trying his clothing on or something like that? Unless you already where men's clothing or baggier stuff?

3. CaramelHearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

He and I wear the same clothes except jeans haha. We both wear unisex shirts because we have a lot of same interests. I haven't tried the pronoun thing and my name is unisex too.

4. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Oh well, don't I feel stupid now lol. :eusa_doh:
    - I don't really know what other things to suggest to be honest, figuring out how you identify is different for everyone.

5. CaramelHearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I could see if pronouns work
    my mom is all for it

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian