1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to my girlfriend about binding

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Max630, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Max630

This may sound weird but I am a gay woman who absolutely hates my chest. I've never been comfortable with the fact that I have bigger breasts and have been thinking about starting to bind. I already wear two sports bras but that's not getting me flat enough. I have no idea how to bring this up to my girlfriend though. She has always really liked the fact that I have a bigger chest and I just don't want to disappoint her. :frowning2: I feel weird because I know I'm not transgender or anything, I'm very happy being a woman, minus the boobs. Any advice on how to bring this up with her?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, try sitting her down and telling her your chest is giving you discomfort and you're considering trying binding out. I doubt you'll be disappointing her. Unconditional love means what it does after all. Honesty goes a long way.

3. suninthesky

Does she have bigger breasts too? If not, you could tell her that having bigger breasts makes you uncomfortable in public and that you want to minimize that discomfort by binding. You could say you want to feel more confident about yourself. I don't know myself, but I've heard some of my friends talk about how they don't like it when people stare in public and binding would minimize that for some people. It seems like a valid enough reason for me (not that you really need one).