1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I really fucked up.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by crazycat, Jan 17, 2015.

1. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Me and my best friend were drinking together and we ran into these two other guys from Oregon and after last call we all went to this burger place to sober up. After I ordered I went to the bathroom and when I came out one of the guys we met was having an argument with this stranger, and the stranger wanted him to prove that he's really from Oregon. I scoffed and said "That's not even impressive dude like I've been to Munich and Brussels why would you need proof who would lie about that?" so he just responded with "We're talking about football this is why women shouldn't talk about football." So like in my inebriated stated I just blurted out that I'm genderfluid and then like he had his phone out and my best friend caught him trying to record me and we called him out on it but it still really scared me and he still made fun of me and yeah. I know it's my fault I shouldn't have been drinking and I shouldn't have just jumped into their conversation and I definitely shouldn't have just blurted out that I'm genderfluid to a stranger, which is something that I haven't even told most of my friends, family, and coworkers about. I just feel really scared and the whole incident makes me feel even more scared to come out to family members and coworkers.

2. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    The fact that you were drinking makes a very legitamate excuse for saying something, depending on if you were embarassed about the bs football remark some POS gave you, or that you blurted that out. It can always be avoided and you can make it forgotten and play it off as you were drunk and saying stuff. Just shove it away and act like it didnt happen an it'll be fine. You can always reverse things and wait until you're ready. The human mind can be manipulated easier than people think.

3. Manta

(*hug*)

That guy sounds like a jerk. Don't let him get to you.

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Man, I've drunkenly outed myself before. It can definitely feel like the worst. :frowning2:

Give it some time, most peope will probably forget it, or figure you were just drunk.

5. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well at least I don't /think/ I'll see those guys again, and the only person there who I know I will see again is my best friend who is one of like three people who I'm out to. I'm just worried that either they did catch something and that they'll post it somewhere, or that I'll see them again and they might harass me.