1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it odd to do this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WolfyFluff, Jan 18, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

At times I feel comfortable being a male, and there are time when I feel being a female. However, I want to transition because I've been so unpleased with having a body like a man. I think of it like I'll be getting more testosterone as I get older and it makes me feel like I'll be hideous person with a male physical body. I feel like I would be more comfortable if I transition with hormones and gain more of a female appearance.

The thing is, after or during transition, I want to still present myself as either male or female, except I'll be female a lot more than male, The exact opposite of how I am now.

Basically, I feel that being a male who presents themselves as either gender doesn't make me feel comfortable with myself. I feel that being a female who presents themselves as either gender is more of a way for me to feel better.

2. ImaJen

It's not odd, because only you can be you! If you feel like you will be more comfortable in a female body, go for it. You'll still have the same gender identity as you has before (I believe, though if it changes that's ok). You sound like you're genderfluid, and I know there are plenty of people out there with this identity so don't worry about being weird!

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't think that's odd at all. Remember, there's no 'right way' to do gender or your identity. You are who you are.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

You sound genderfluid

Keep in mind, it is not easy for a non-binary person to transition. However, if you really feel you want this, you can try your utmost.

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If that's what you want, then it's not odd at all. :slight_smile:

6. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel the exact same way, except I was born female but would rather be male and be genderfluid in a male body. It's not weird at all and if it is then you're not the only one. I literally am the exact same way except flipping the genders. Not crazy at all, I'm glad I'm not the only one this way.