1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male clothing for those with female bodies

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Najlen, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Najlen

I can pass as a guy if I want to, because I have virtually no breasts, but my shoulders and waist are too small for most mens clothes to fit well. I hate almost all dresses, and for formal occasions I would like to have a dress shirt and a sport coat or something that I can wear. Is there anywhere I can find clothes that will fit inexpensively? Boys' sizes could work for a while, but I checked and the fit would still be off. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. cant you find somethign thats comfy in boys sizes?

its deffo not the same i know but the smallest womens size for my pal fits larger cuz shes a 6 not an 8 but no one says anything or even notices.

i dont think most of my clothes fit perfect, i know the shoulders on some that are bigger for me hang lower than those that are a smaller size. no one notices at all. idk if im any good but i would just say find some that are comfy and that you like.

idk where you are but theres a lot of jan sales still going on so you can grab some bargains at clothes stores like h&m and topman they have xs sizes for men. or even google xxxs mens sizes and see if any clothes come up you like.

3. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have the same problem, no breasts (and I have a binder now :slight_smile: ) but I'm very short and my waist/shoulders are small while my hips are big. Best thing I've found is layering.

4. GreyArchery

CJ's got it - if you've got a smaller shoulder frame and aren't currently working out to increase your shoulder mass, layering is going to be the best thing for you. And I don't know if you've come across this site before, but I find it super helfpul in regards to clothing styles along with some workouts to help alter your frame: The FTM's Complete Illustrated Guide to Looking Like a (Hot) Dude.

Even though it's catered towards FTMs, the information is really helpful for FAABs who are looking for a more androgynous towards masculine build or style. It's really well written and includes pictures so you can better comprehend the occasional wall of text.

I've the opposite problem as you - broad shoulders and larger breasts. So while I can wear guys clothing well, finding a way to diminish the presence of my breats is my challenge (I'm thinking of getting a binder soon).

Hope that helps!

5. wanderinggirl

I struggle with this too, and then the opposite problem in women's clothes. What gives?!
    I've found with some trial and error a few shirts that work for casualwear, some I have to layer under sweaters/sweatshirts and some I can just leave unbuttoned over a tshirt. Boys' clothes aren't as tight in the hip. As for dress shirts, tailoring might be your best bet.

There are some slim fit clothes that are well ssuitedto female bodied folks and some that are worse than regular fit. You have to try it all on to see for sure. And also dont rule out women's clothing, just look for something with no darts and a looser fit.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could have a look at second hand stores.
    Often its not even sorted by gender.

(*hug*)

7. suninthesky

I second the second-hand stores.