1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLS. I don't know my orientation.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by agspath, Jan 18, 2015.

1. agspath

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi guys, I am new to EC so please bear with me if I make any mistakes. I may have posted this in the wrong forum, sorry!

Basically, I need help with figuring out my orientation. For the longest time I though I was straight, but recently I've been questioning this. All my friends have been girls and most of my crushes have been guys. I feel more comfortable around girls than around boys. Lately, I have been having thoughts on what would it be like to date someone of the same sex as me.

Typically, I fall in love with people who express care or concern for me. I usually over-blow a simple comment from a boy or girl such as "Hey! I like your dress" to Do they like me? and then I'll usually develop a crush on them. It doesn't happen all the time, but yeah, I know this sounds creepy and pathetic.

Truth is, I don't mind dating a person of either sex, as long as we both love each other. I don't mind being physically intimate with either guys or girls. My philosophy is if I fall in love with you and you fall in love with me I don't care if you are a guy or girl.

Let me illustrate what I mean in a little chart:

ROMANTICALLY - GUYS: xxx
    ROMANTICALLY- GIRLS: xxx
    SEXUALLY - GUYS: x
    SEXUALLY - GIRLS: xx

#1 agspath, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey agspath, welcome to EC.

It sounds like you are bisexual. You are attracted to both guys and girls, even if you like girls a little more. Peraphs you may stay with a guy for the rest of you life, but that can happen with a girl too, you don't really care about the gender as long as you are in love with the person. You may fantasize/get intimate with both genders and they both satisfy you.

This text describes you? Only you can really conclude what your true orientation is, i'm just trying to help.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    According to your description, it seems you would be bisexual wit a preference for women.

There are a lot of people now who use the attribute pan or queer, if you would include trans people in your preferences, for example androgynous people.

(*hug*)

4. agspath

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Chiroptera, I agree with the paragraph because it describes me quite accurately. I was sure that I was a bisexual, but I guess my judgement was a bit clouded because I was bought up in a strict religious family and my dad cannot tolerate gays,lesbians,bisexuals,etc. :icon_sad: Thanks for the help!

jay777, I am sorry if I sound offensive or stupid, I want to know what the difference is between a pansexual and a bisexual. (*hug*)

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Its neither offensive nor stupid :slight_smile:
    There are no really fixed definitions, some people see it different.
    Bisexual would mean attracted to men and women.
    Pan would mean attracted to men and women and people who do not identify as men or women, like people under the trans umbrella, for example genderfluid people or androgynous people.

(Some people see Bi like pan, it goes for them without saying.
    So saying pan would mean explicitly including people under the trans umbrella who do not identify as men and women.)

queer is an umbrella term, for many simply meaning not straight.

(*hug*)

#5 jay777, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  6. agspath

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks! I was afraid I would offend someone or sound stupid. I am going to identify myself as bisexual for now, and after significant research on pan-sexuality, I may decide to identify as Pan. But because I am extremely sure about being Bi, I choose to identify as Bi.

Thanks, for helping me. You and the EC community are very accepting and encouraging! (*hug*)

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Sound pretty bisexual to me