1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wearing men's clothes with a curvy figure?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by crazycat, Jan 18, 2015.

1. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm genderfluid and some days I want to be able to pass as a guy. The problem is, I have a very curvy figure and I'm 5'4". I have a binder, but even with my binder I'm not completely flat, and that doesn't do much to hide my broad hips, round ass, and thick thighs. Most of the time it's not so bad since when I do feel dysphoria it's usually because of my breasts and binding them helps. But when I want to wear men's clothes they don't always fit right. Shirts are fine as soon as I bind, but I can't fit in men's pants very easily. I managed to find a cheap pair of regular fit pants that do fit me, but I don't think they quite hide my curves well enough, and they don't have quite the fit I want they just sort of look like a sack. I want to be able to wear men's skinny jeans since I like the way those look on men and non-binary people better, but they never fit.

When I want to present more as a guy, even though I know it'll be impossible with my current figure, I kinda want to look something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know any way I can work around my figure?

2. Hamlet

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Skinny jeans won't help you pass. I'm not well versed in men's bottoms (I'm scared that if I try them on and they don't fit right I'll stumble into a void of dysphoria worse than the one I'm in now.), but I'm told do your best to hide your butt. This probably means sagging. Or maybe try dress pants? This will either mean a lot of time spent trying things on at secondhand stores of coughing up the cash to find some jeans that can fit you the way you need them. As for the top half: layers. Layers are your best friend, in both these photos, the men are wearing quite a few layers, and layered clothing is really in style for men's fashion right now, so this shouldn't be as difficult to acquire.
    Also, if you make any amazing fashion discoveries, keep me posted.

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A lot of guys (such as myself) can't fit in "skinny" or "slim" jeans as pictured. It's not just how wide the legs are, but the waist/hip ratio as well. At the other extreme some of the more "relaxed" fits can look sloppy if paired with the rest of the outfits in your pictures. Ironically, these days a "straight fit" fits me best.

All this to say beyond waist/length there's way more than one type/fit for guys pants (varies by brand as well) and surely there's one out there that will work for you.