1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Idenity not getting any easier

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Unkempt Harold, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Unkempt Harold

I haven't posted in quite some time. I just returned to the U.S. and with holidays and reaclimating, I guess I expected to fully flesh out my feelings on my own identity. But I haven't.

I have no idea what the hell I am. Sometimes I'm completely 100% male an others times it blurs severely. Even my sexuality is become confusing.

Point of the thread? Wassup, I'm back and I'm confused as hell 0.0

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What I found is that some tg people tend to adapt to people around them... have you considered something like that ?

Remedy might be to spend a few minutes a day alone... to come down... or having a walk...
    and simply knowing....

Welcome back

(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. Unkempt Harold

I spend lots of time alone. And you're right, it changes most around people.

4. StellarJ1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I also notice that when i am alone, i am better at dialing in my true gender.

Do you think trans people change around others to fit in and because we are too scared to be ourselves?

5. AlexTheGrey

I don't think this is something unique to being transgender. I've caught myself doing stuff like this to fit it long before I started to seriously think about gender. People do tend to want to fit in, even if it means being at least a little different from what they feel is natural.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well from what I have seen trans people simply tend to do it on a much deeper level.
    Of course people change a bit when being around others. But for trans people it might be deeper.
    It is for me, and I think for quite a few others.

I don't think it necessarily has to do with being scared. Its simply reading others on an unconscious level and being used to adapt.
    Simply knowing helps.

Positive thing is it might be possible to come close to others on a deep level.
    If the tendency to adapt too much is being known and handled. A bit is good.
    And just showing or saying when something feels uncomfortable.
    But this comes with practise, I'd say. Most important I think is to know the tendency.