1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Feel Frustrated

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WolfyFluff, Jan 20, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I know that I'm comfortable identifying as either gender, but I went shopping around. I looked at all the women's clothes and it made me feel a little disappointed. I can't really fill out those clothes that well because I would just like a guy dressing up in women's clothing, and I'll never look like a girl. Then I think about Hormone Therapy being a big help with getting over that.
    I don't like having body hair and facial hair. I would shave it off every chance I get new razors and it's frustrating since electrolysis looks so expensive. I want to actually have breasts and have a more feminine body.
    I'm not sure how well it would be for me because I'm scared that all of this might just be a phase.

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Some genderqueers go through hormone therapy, though it won't be easy to do so. You should wait until you are completely sure you want this, if you aren't.

3. emri

I've had similar thoughts about gender. It's a scary idea to run into, and I wish I could offer a definitive answer. The best advice I can give is to not go through with anything until you are sure it's something you want

I've also looked into the possibility of finding a therapist to talk to about it, which might be helpful to you as well, if that's a thing you're willing to, or are in a position to, consider.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/159807-figuring-out-my-gender-identity-s.html#4

ask if you have further questions... people will try to support you...

You might play a bit with hairstyle and clothing style... sweaters one or two sizes bigger, unisex or mens trousers, etc... what you feel comfortable with... there are threads on ftm clothing... it can be really fun...

You might have a look at an lgbt center, there might be support groups...
    emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/164048-how-find-other-androgynous-people.html#6

take the time you need...

(*hug*)

I like your avatar pic :slight_smile:

5. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I have actually gained a large collection of clothes, but I usually wear it at home only. I did go out a couple of times dressed as a woman. No one really questioned anything but I was nervous the whole time.

I haven't gotten the hang of makeup but I feel it would be less of a hassle not to have that. My hair has gotten pretty long and it's so nice, I don't want to get rid of that. It's usually difficult to style it though, and maintain it every day. It still feels nice either way.

I'm still wondering if HRT sounds like the best option or not. I don't really want to look like a masculine person with male features as I get older. I have daydreams and sometimes thought about life being better as a girl. I sometimes reimagine my favorite tv characters as girls instead of guys.

There are times where HRT feels like the right thing to do, but then other days it's just lme thinking to myself "are you sure about this?" It's a little difficult understanding if it's the right thing I want. There is one thing I want for sure, it's permanently femoving body and facial hair. I can live without that.

I feel HRT can help a lot, but my anxiety really makes me unsure about going for it. I know my anxiety isn't causing the dysphoria problems. I've been seeing someone for that. I'm not sure if I could to talk about the other things with that person though.

thanks for the compliment :slight_smile:

6. NHDave

NHDave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're still coming through puberty you might want to try to get your doctor to prescribe hormone blockers to temporarily "pause" pubertal changes until you and a therapist can sort things out. That will prevent many of the changes that puberty brings.

7. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

I'm actually 23 years old :frowning2:

8. Jellal

I'm wondering too whether HRT is right for me. I'd like to have a body that's got a lot more female characteristics to balance out the overwhelming maleness. Also hating the body hair. This HRT stuff is something I hope to sort out with therapy before I make any big decisions.

9. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian