1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone on here ever experienced height denial?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Jan 22, 2015.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know my situation probably isn't "normal" but, I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced something similar. Basically, starting late last year and continuing into this year, I've been having many growth spurts. I have gone through so many clothing sizes and it is scaring (and pissing off) my immediate family members.

(Tops) From women's S to L
    (Pants) I switched to men's pants that were made for tall men, models being in the early 6'' range. They were very baggy when I first got them but, every week, I grow into them by more and inches, to the point where I don't really need to roll them up anymore.
    (Shoes) I had been wearing a size 6 in boys (7 in women's). Now I wear a size 6 1/2 and/or a 7 in Men's (it depends on the cut). I haven't had them for very long but, every time I put them on, my toes get closer towards reaching the top.

ETC.

My family didn't believe that I would grow very much. But now that I am, I am met with even more derision. They don't know that I've been getting natural testosterone. They do know that I take bee pollen, which can increase height in adults. Even if I don't get much natural T, I still seem to have growth spurts.

My family has been acting very scared and they tell me that something is very wrong, that I need to be scared, and that I should see a doctor. My mother has been much more understanding than her mother, who has even gone out of her way to try to make it seem as if I've been lying about my growth. I think it's really pissing her off. I don't understand why she can't be happy that I'm getting taller.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm pretty jealous of you. You could tell your family that your pollen is making this happen and it's healthy. If they're really concerned, maybe just go to the doctor to make them be quiet?

3. Tohru-Chan

Well growing happens. I know guys who are over 7' tall and I know girls that are nearly that. I always wanted to be taller than I am though. Haven't grown an inch since I was 12 years old. I mean, I was a tall 12 year old (I'm 5'6") but still. I always wanted to be at least 6' tall.

I don't think you should be concerned about growing though, unless it's causing you physical pain.

4. carlyledylan

May I ask what you're taking to get taller? I'm a 4'11 guy here who can't take T yet because of my family...

But anyway, why won't they believe that you're just naturally getting taller? If you're a teen, which I assume you are if they are noticing your height changes, you could just be naturally growing.