1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coping with my body :( help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kingjabujabu, Jan 22, 2015.

1. kingjabujabu

Hey. Nice to meet you all.

It has been a while since I have really felt okay (dysphoria yay :icon_sad:slight_smile:, and the past couple of days have been really hard. Normally, my dysphoria is not that strong and I can cope most days. But recently, even though I have started binding (it feels great) I still feel really miserable when I look at myself in the mirror.

Its affecting me in daily life as I am becoming more anti social and self-conscious. I feel really insecure about my hips and curves the worst (among other things). I feel like crying after every meal, and I barely eat anymore. When I pig out,I feel incredibly guilty. I am just desperate to get rid of my curves.

I just really do not know what to do and where to turn to. I'm scared to go to my family or friends because that means I have to tell them that I don't want to be a female as i'm biologically female. I don't think I am ready for that.

I'll be grateful for any advice for coping with dysphoria. Thanks. Oh and excuse me from my overuse of brackets. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 kingjabujabu, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Acm

Acm Guest

I feel you on this, I hate my hips so much. They're the hardest thing to hide for me. You could try wearing clothes that hide your hips, or broaden your shoulders to make the hips look less wide. Instead of not eating, you could always try eating healthier and exercising? It's a healthier and safer method. I tried not eating to lose my curves, and it didn't help.

3. PossumJack

This, and also baggy/loose jeans help. I'm personally in love with cargo pants because they hide my hips completely.

4. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with the above, but they also make special binding shorts for those of us with broader hips and thicker thighs. I've been tempted to get a pair myself, but money is a little tight for me at the moment.

5. kingjabujabu

Thank you all so much :slight_smile: I might look into binding shorts and see if they will work for me (for when I get a job) . I am currently in sixth form so I don't have much money for clothes and things :frowning2:

For now I will just have to cope with skinny jeans until I can afford a wardrobe change (and get some baggy clothes).