1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Voice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sh1f73r, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Sh1f73r

How do I find my voice?
    Sometimes I have that "gay lisp" other times I talk regular straight.
    Its really confusing!:bang:

2. Romi

Well I'd just like to point out that I highly doubt there is such a thing as 'regular straight talk.' And the gay lisp you mentioned is a bit stereotypical, to be honest.

People talk the way they talk. Take me for example. I'm the kind of person who subconsciously tunes in to the way those around me are speaking and eventually my speech gradually starts to mimic that. Or if I'm in a particular mood, my voice will take on certain qualities.

So if you're talking about finding your voice, not in terms of something intangible, but as something related to sound...I don't really think you have a lot to worry about. Just be yourself. You have a voice, use it. And...don't give so many shits about what you sound like.

3. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally am biased as I really like people who have lisps, I don't know why it just does it for me (!)

But I think if you talk from your heart, clearly and with confidence you shouldn't worry about what other people think about your voice.

4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you noticed when your voice changes? Does it change according to circumstance or the company you are in?